Bad games with good music

Sign in to follow this  

I think he didn't understand why KM0 thinks it's a bad game.

He doesn't know why CoD:BO is crap?!? I thought everybody knew...

I don't know why you think it has good music... that's what I was implying

I think he didn't understand why KM0 thinks it's a bad game.

He doesn't know why CoD:BO is crap?!? I thought everybody knew...

I don't know why you think it has good music... that's what I was implying

And I thought the music was part of what made it as crappy as it is...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the other CoD games #2 and up?

You're saying CoD 1 had good music?

And the grigs rap was bitchin.

EDIT:

Misread the title.

Breath of Fire.

Because the early cod games where actually good. Rather then the newer ones that are copy/paste in a new skin.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because the early cod games where actually good. Rather then the newer ones that are copy/paste in a new skin.

Idk... Cod 1 was pretty bad.

Cod 2 and 4 were beast, then World at war put some real depth into the game and let's not forget the Nazi Zombies.

And the music in Nazi zombies, if you like the game or not, was amazing.

Idk... Cod 1 was pretty bad.

Cod 2 and 4 were beast, then World at war put some real depth into the game and let's not forget the Nazi Zombies.

And the music in Nazi zombies, if you like the game or not, was amazing.

I haven't actually played Cod1 but heard it was quite good. But yes i Cod2 and 4 are really good, i have been playing cod2 more then any other cod lately. And the nazi zombie music was indeed awesome. I also really like the easter egg song on kino der toten in Blops Nazi Zombies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well i kind of like the songs Elena Siegman. I am no expert on music so i don't really know if the is a "good singer" but i don't really care, i enjoy the songs.

I haven't actually played that much of the campaign of Cod2 because i kind of ragequitted because i got stuck and didn't feel like trying anymore.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is a russian game called “They‘re Alive“ (yes, that‘s the actual name) and it has a very nice electronic music in it. Almost all tracks are looped, but they are still pretty good tho. The only one that isn‘t looped is the one that plays in the main menu. Although this game suffers from stupid AI, clunky controls, bugs and stupid adaptation of John Carpenter‘s “They Live“ plot, this game actually has a really nice level design, good sound design, fancy first person animations and weapons (and of course the soundtrack).

Necroing this thread because I think the subject is good, and I have some games from the top of my head:

* Hopkins FBI - A "so bad, it's good" example. It tries to be a more gritty cop story, but not only it's understanding of "mature" is "loads of blood and dead women with exposed breasts", it also takes a nosedive into total insanity with plenty of plotholes and bizarre plot points, and a main character that despite being labeled as the "hero" he seems to do a lot more harm than good (only losing to Halligan from Mystery of the Druids IMO). It's a entertaining story, FOR THE WRONG REASONS. (still has some horrible puzzles even by old adventure game standards)

However, the original soundtrack this game got (excluding the 60s songs they used for some weird reason) is genuinely competent. Some are serviceable ambient soundtracks, and others are memorable hits IMO. This one is my favorite example:

* Duke Nukem 2 - You know, I feel it was a good move for 3D Realms to change the series to be a FPS instead of a platformer. The first one was ok despite it's flaws, but the second game was all the flaws from the previous game doubled plus some new ones. Bad scrolling, frustrating level design, bullet spongy bosses, frustrating enemies and placements, and these are the ones I can think from the top of my head. Although, if there's anything that they had over Duke 3D is it's sense of humor. (3D basically became "edgy" and stole a lot of catchphrases and simply called it "satire")

Soundtrack however, kicks ass. But then again, that's not saying much considering that the previous game only had PC speaker sounds, so any kind of soundtrack is a massive improvement over "The Rotating Blue Pillars of Auditory Violation".

Digimon World 3 (Or Digimon World 2003 for PAL regions).

Worst backtracking I've ever seen in a game, and a really high random encounter rate on top of it.

It's playable if you emulate it with speed up, but then you miss out on the OST which is the best part of the game IMO.

Below some that I like especially, but pretty much all tracks are worth checking out if you like this kind of songs.

megaman x6 totally

for me at least this has the best soundtrack on a megaman game but man the game sucks ass

it tried to be different from the others and it failed a lot but it has cool concepts and music other then that the games is garbage

in my opinion its the opposite of megaman x4 where we have a very solid game that plays too safe and has lame music

On 11/24/2021 at 12:39 AM, HeartaceX said:

Specifically: Map Theme, Atoll, Mission Theme 2, Shop.

Definitely Recommended to anybody who enjoys the Donkey Kong Country OST

The Map theme in this reminds me a lot of the intro of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"

On 11/28/2021 at 7:05 PM, Mira said:

The Map theme in this reminds me a lot of the intro of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"

Yeah, they do have some of the vibe in common,  from minute 2 up to 4;

Waterworld is more compact though, and catchier.

I had to think of "Dark Reign 2" when I saw the title. Doesn't seem like a bad game at first, but the pathfinding of the units is awful. Throw in some mission and map design that really shows you just how bad and you have a recipe for disaster. The soundtrack needed some getting used to, but it's really good. Have a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcbMQCLYPyg&list=PLBdu840wOsp_8dsl0ad-IN3tI2pUsQjh9&index=2

"Maelstrom - The battle for earth begins" is a similar case. Pathfinding is also a problem, but units are also just awful at reliably engaging enemies, especially when it comes to melee. But the soundtrack is actually better than I at first gave it credit for.

Also, it has some pretty good destructible environment. Lots of small details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7enUbtUXQg&list=PLxyPT8_piocq5osJbv-MzpiI93HByIYjP&index=12

On 3/6/2011 at 4:29 AM, kriegsmarine0 said:

Call of Duty Black Ops

I wouldn't call it a bad game: ot's competent for whatit is. But yeah, Escape from Vorkuta lives rent free in my head