"Well to Hell" Hoax

Sign in to follow this  

There's a difference between being religious and being an outright idiot.

No there isn't.

Lets try and be respectful towards people with other believes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's not try but be respectful to people with other beliefs and Kirkgreng shouldn't even have to warn you.... If you had a bad day or experience go walk outside, what are you doing in a forum posting one post and it's highly offensive... gahh man..

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Hah, almost everything Jack posts is him being an asshole.

Yeah. And when I think you're being an ass, you know you've crossed the line.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I'm sorry if the truth hurts and comes across as insulting, but it's a fact. Believing in things which have no evidence to support a belief in their existence is "outright idiotic". It is the very definition of unscientific thought.

The categorization of something as being intelligent or unintelligent, is not decided by whether or not someone's feelings will get hurt. It is decided by how well it conforms to accepted logical and rational standards. If someone was taught to believe that jumping off a cliff was good for their health, you would say we shouldn't tell them that it's an unintelligent thing to believe, because they might get upset.

And I have to laugh at this hypocritical nonsense about not being a "jerk" while you all ravenously leap at any opportunity you can find to try and give someone little negative "rep" comments. Ironically, this only shows a further lack of intelligence.

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

I'm sorry if the truth hurts and comes across as insulting, but it's a fact. Believing in things which have no evidence to support a belief in their existence is "outright idiotic". It is the very definition of unscientific thought.

Wait a second, if you believe in this shouldn't you have to provide evidence that unscientific thought is "outright idiotic" or otherwise wouldn't that mean you are "outright idiotic" since you just classified unscientifc thought "outright idiotic" without evidence to support it.

The categorization of something as being intelligent or unintelligent, is not decided by whether or not someone's feelings will get hurt. It is decided by how well it conforms to accepted logical and rational standards. If someone was taught to believe that jumping off a cliff was good for their health, you would say we shouldn't tell them that it's an unintelligent thing to believe, because they might get upset.

I don't care if you are intelligent or not, you are still a jerk, we are not debating your intelligence here.

And I have to laugh at this hypocritical nonsense about not being a "jerk" while you all ravenously leap at any opportunity you can find to try and give someone little negative "rep" comments. Ironically, this only shows a further lack of intelligence.

Personally I was merely humoured at your post because it was basically 100 % insult 0 % explanatation/content. I rarely ever stumble upon such idiotic comments. Personally, I would have given you a - rep more because you didn't provide any explanation nor content and because of the uselessness of your post. The least you could is state that it is "your opinion" or that "you believe that". But you didn't even bother. What do you expect :)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

That might be true, I don't really care so let's keep this thread on topic alright?

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Calling religious people stupid is not the mature or educated way to prove your point. If you call them stupid, you give them an opening to feel offended and belittled and to think you’re just a bigoted asshole who they are justified in ignoring (which BTW you currently are). Instead of throwing around uncalled for insults, go onto the Evolution vs. Creation thread and present your argument there. Call the content of a conclusion illogical or absurd or factually refuted then give scientific reasons why, and you have done nothing they can be pissed off at. Just calling someone an idiot without any logical reasons why just makes you look like someone that is too idiotic to be able to form a respectful, logical argument like a mature, open-minded person.

-edit- Sorreh Alyxx.

shouldn't you have to provide evidence that unscientific thought is "outright idiotic"

This quote is all the evidence that I need to prove that I don't need to address anything that you have just said. A person who believes that unscientific thought is as valid as scientific thought is simply not worth my time, or anyone else's time for that matter.

That might be true, I don't really care so let's keep this thread on topic alright?

You're the one who brought it up. Me saying that religion is stupid is no more off topic than you originally saying that it isn't.

Calling religious people stupid is not the mature or educated way to prove your point.

When the point IS that "religion is stupid", there is no other way to get that point across than to express it. Dancing around the issue and trying to sugar-coat it, to disguise the point and make it appear more pleasant than it is, only serves to distract away from the point and distort its true meaning. There is nothing to gain in promoting this kind of censorship, just for the sake of protecting foolish sensitivities surrounding fallacious belief systems based on lies and idiotic fairy tale nonsense.

Why should we edit our species' definition of "intelligence", and dumb it down to include forms of stupidity, just for the sake of keeping the hordes of stupid people happy?

If a kid does badly on a history test, by writing a report about President Richard Nixon defending earth from lunar pirate dragons, does the school system decide to just change the history books to include this legendary event? So that we don't have to call the kid unintelligent and hurt his feelings? No. They face reality and tell him he failed the test.

The level of sugar-coating that an opinion has holds no bearing on its factual validity, as I've already said. And yes, I would say that believing otherwise is stupid, but calling a way of thought "stupid" isn't necessarily insulting anyone. That's just calling a spade a spade. If a person comes along and chooses to use that stupid spade even while I'm calling it stupid, then that is their decision to engage in such a stupid act, and it's not my fault at all if their actions place them in the category of "stupid". They could just as easily choose a less stupid course of action, if they so desperately wanted to avoid falling into that category. Simply moving the intellectual goal-posts to accomodate them instead is really not helping anyone.

I don't make the rules. :roll:

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

Jack, I strongly suggest you keep this to a different thread unless you want to risk another warning. I can respect your opinion but let's try to stay on topic.

And by the way, if you think religious people who shove their beliefs down your throat are annoying, take a good look at yourself and what you are doing with your own views.

I'm locking this thread, as requested by the OP.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com