Sound Contest Winners

The sound contest is finally over and I have the winners announced. The winner ended up being a tie between two people, so elements of both their entries were combined on the final mix. It's not perfect, but after multiple revisions from the contestants plus several hours of additional editing on my part, I'm declaring it done. You can download the video in MKV format below, which is much higher quality than any copy released so far. I decided to give awards to everyone who entered the contest, though some are more prestigious than others:

Download new & improved "Diary of A Zombie" 1280x720 MKV (94MB)

WINNERS:

winners

"TheDazro" (www.youtube.com/thedazro)

Mark Dzidowski (www.homerecordingstudio.com.au)

GOLD AWARD:

winners

"TheDazro" (www.youtube.com/thedazro)

Mark Dzidowski (www.homerecordingstudio.com.au)

Darrin Smith ([email protected])

SILVER AWARD:

winners

"AndrewN" (www.andreworks.com)

"Chuck the 2nd"

Ólafur Arons (www.youtube.com/OlafurArons)

Ian Davis

Chad Keating ([email protected])

Sean "Ita" Larkin ([email protected])

BRONZE AWARD:

winners

"av3nger"

"Joannou1" (gldesert.com)

Daniel Eriksson

Thorsteinn Gunnar Fridriksson

Robert Fryer

BEST VOLUME BALANCING:

winners

"Chuck the 2nd"

MOST ORIGINAL SOUND EFFECTS:

winners

Darrin Smith ([email protected])

LOUDEST GUNSHOTS AWARD:

winners

"av3nger"

JUST KIND OF DID HIS OWN THING REGARDLESS OF THE INSTRUCTIONS AWARD:

winners

"Joannou1" (gldesert.com)

Daniel Eriksson

TURNED IN ENTRY AFTER THE DEADLINE WAS OVER AWARD:

winners

"Chuck the 2nd"

Robert Fryer

That should be everyone. If you sent me an entry for the contest, but don't see your name up here (I hope not), that means gmail swallowed your email somehow and you should probably contact me again.

I like the Bronze and TURNED IN ENTRY AFTER THE DEADLINE WAS OVER AWARD :D but the Winners are the best!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

LOL, Ross why did you make Dazro and I look like gay lovers with dick noses?

I didn't realise that was the first prize.

Ha, sorry, that wasn't the intent. Here's an alternate image if it helps:

boppin.gif

It's been a while, but I think I can identify all of the characters/images in that list. Even Snake Logan from BioMenace. Does anyone else even remember that demonic game?

Ha, sorry, that wasn't the intent. Here's an alternate image if it helps:

boppin.gif

Dmmit Ross, a little late don't you think? My wife thinks I'm gay now... (This conversation is all in jest no malice intended or offense taken, just for shits and giggles.)

LOL

Damn, Ross, I just wanted to remind you: you're awesome :D. Nice final edit, thanks for everyone, who participated :].

--♪♫

So what does one use to play MKV files? Windows Media Player yells at me when I try to play the file.

So what does one use to play MKV files? Windows Media Player yells at me when I try to play the file.

if you get a thing called vistacodecs you can play MKV and alot of other files in WMP that you normally cant.

Check out this thread.

Ahh, thank you. Works now. :D

A late congrats to the winners. You did an excellent job. I kinda wanna see the entries for the last few awards, though XD

This is why we have Ross. To prevent these things (like lack of new FM episodes) from happening! Somebody is not doing their job!!! Eeerrr.. This is the worst active service in history! I'm reporting all of you! I'll come back and write your names when the next FM is out! C'mon faster faster faster!

It's been a while, but I think I can identify all of the characters/images in that list. Even Snake Logan from BioMenace. Does anyone else even remember that demonic game?

Nope, not me, but I'd love if you could list all of those games anyway! I do know some of them, but the second to last one really has me guessing.

A late congrats to the winners. You did an excellent job. I kinda wanna see the entries for the last few awards, though XD

Okie Dokie,

I added some commentary about the mix that you might find interesting about my submission and my final submission. However you will have to ask Ross what actually went into the lest mixdown.

9Q_ptLH8_rA

Regards

Mark