Tribes: Ascend

I mean sure you wouldn't know effective they are in ACTUAL gameplay scenarios, but whatever.

I just like to find out what the feel of the weapons are.

Alright, Pathfinder it is, then. Didn't get to play today because my friend's parents didn't want him going out woth his skank of a girlfiend and he's acting depressed. Sometimes I just can't stand him. If you feel upset, why not do something that will make you happier? Like play new video games with your best friend. Ughhhh!!!

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Three of the hitscan weapons are being replaced with projectiles next patch along with a netcode fix. The next patch will be a patch of kings.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Hopefully the change the Ranger's main to a projectile weapon.... Maybe a bigger, more powerful version of his secondary Thumper because I love the hell out of that weapon and use it all the time, but people keep calling me a noob even though I hardly ever use his assault rifle :/.

http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=50470&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The Ranger AR, Tech SMG and Infiltrator SMG will be become projectile-based weapons. As in they'll shoot actually bullets, not magic lasers. The Ranger will also cost 50 tokens so that new players can learn the unlock system better and will be forced to use a proper Spinfusor.

Also flag grabs now give bonuses for speed:

Me%20Gusta.png?1318992465

Hoorah! Ranger will finally require a little more skill. Bella Omega lokks friggin' awesome after the patch. I can't agree with flag cap speed boost. Isn't the point of capping to build speed yourself and not derp into a llama grab. Ugh...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Oh, you meant credits. The way you worded it, I thought you meant while carrying the flag, your speed was boosted.

Well, if that's the case, I would actually give credits if someone caps the flag when the initial grab was under 80kph. Shows either a lot of skill or a lot of luck on your end.

Um, so apparently the beta isn't as exclusive as I thought. If anyone wants to play this game and get into the beta, just got to their facebook page and like it. You will then get a beta key and a link for the game download. DO IT NOW! https://www.facebook.com/tribesascend

I love the Ranger class. I'm really glad that the AR is projectile based and not hitscan. I hardly ever play Soldier because I don't really like the Spinfusor. Literally the most fun I've had playing a game.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Looks like Halo, TF2, and Borderlands all crumpled up into one.

And it plays like none of those at all.

You mean Halo looked kind of like Tribes but slower and without jetpacks when it first came out in 2001.

You mean Halo looked kind of like Tribes but slower and without jetpacks when it first came out in 2001.

Halo and TF2 also have significantly smaller maps.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Bump.

How's everyone found the latest patch, I love the new UI and I especially love how after all that grinding for 3 classes I can suddenly unlock all of them plus a load of upgrades.

Liking the remade Bella map, not sure about my thoughts on the way bigger defensive forces that occupy enemy bases though.

-edit- also, now I've found a friend's list. What's your Tribes username?

Srale

I type too fast... I do not like Crossfiresmall. I can't get any speed on that map.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Bravetriforcer.

This new update. It made the menus amazing, fixed all my issues with the store system, and so much more. Haven't played an actual game yet, but that can't be too bad.