FREEMAN’S MIND: EPISODE 30

Sign in to follow this  

Freeman seemed to know what pollen magnified looks like at a glance. That's his schooling kicking in. Not to mention his quick code-cracking ability due to his 'genius'. (or the lack of others 'genius')

But yes, i enjoyed the early episode theoretical scientist references too.

AMEN brother! It's a show, not a walkthrough. Go to IGN for that!!

The noclip thing does add to the story by introducing other non-game solutions to problems and allows Freeman to skip lengthy or boring in-game puzzle sections. If this was just another walkthrough it would not have the appeal that it has. It's all in the dialogue and reactions of Freeman. And Ross does a fantastic, wait let me hit caps lock, FANTASTIC job of storytelling and making us believe that it's not just somebody who's talking while playing. For that I most emphatically use my caps lock again when i say WELL DONE!!

i didnt think taht audio volume could have that impact in a video, but it did. after watching the downloadable version i realized that it was much better. freeman is meant to be loud, as everything else xD

great work

I love that you put a download to your videos because when I have no internet I can watch them. Thanks for all your hard work and time making these videos.

I must say I love Freeman's Mind, but this was perhaps my least favorite so far. Not because of any video editing issue but because of the noclip. Now granted the noclip trick has worked before but it just doesn't fit here. Not only was the puzzle way too easy and takes about the same amount of time to solve as it does to cheat around it, but cheating past it skips over that line from that Marine talking about not wanting to kill all the civilians before he tries to kill you.

We all love the series Ross, but, come on, enough with the noclipping.

I actually liked that part. At least he didn't noclip through solid walls. And remember that we are not playing HalfLife here, we are watching a show. I think you could enjoy this a lot more if you suspended your disbelief and (tried to) forgot all about the game that you played earlier.

By the way, I assume Gordon had at this point forgot all about what the security guard said back in episode 25? He actually told Gordon to launch that missile because the military aborted it.

i think the noclipping makes sense. freemans mind is precisely about what a real person would do. i mean, if i was in that situation i wouldnt try to go limbo those lasers on the stairs with the dynamite because im 90% sure i would die, instead, id find it more logic to jump on that easy to reach ledge and clib uo the open window that leads to the top secret misile base...

It's more a matter of me just wanting to finish what I started rather than being the best thing I've ever produced. Yeah, the blame is all on me for not fully recognizing the monster that the Source engine is, though another way to look at it is if the engine wasn't so convoluted this thing would have been done years earlier.

I stand corrected, I didn't know that. I figure Gordon is allowed to make biology mistakes, it's not the first time he's been wrong about something. If it was a physics mistake, then I'd really have to hang my head down.

I had forgotten how I missed these episodes. I don't care if some people say this wasn't the best, there's nothing out there that can compare to your stuff mr. Scott. Whether you plan on continuing this series or do something else, I'm looking forward to it.

Also, the crowbar verse is awesome, J.C.

Freeman aka Ross should totally be president he wouldn't crack under the pressure and if it came down to pushing the big red button you wouldn't have to tell him twice. lol

That was hilarious! He launched a missile! Only Freeman can start World War 3, an alien apocalypse, and kill tons of soldiers! Great work!