Your phobias!

Hence why I said you don't want to see S5E15...

I really couldn't care less about tight spaces... I actually went through the child-proof locks on our kitchen cabinets, and fell asleep in the pots & pans cupboard, after closing the door, when I was under a year old. (scared my parents half to death until they found me)

Now, if it's a dirty tight space, I will do quite a lot to keep from doing anything with it. (like the underside of a dirty, greasy, or rusty car)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

From my reading of the plot (I haven't seen it because I don't really like DS9--too actiony for Star Trek, IMHO), it seems that Garak was claustrophobic, not cleithrophobic. In that work area, he could get in and out of it, from what I can tell. But maybe I missed something.

If you really want to know, go ahead and watch that episode.

My phobia is car crashes. I often have these over the top, kafka nightmares about how a horrible chain reaction of death and tragedy all links directly back to me and a fender-bender, thus putting all that moral responsibility on my shoulders. And then I have to fend off an army of lawyers in traffic court.

Or, the car just gets tapped and I explode into hamburger, like something out of the original Half-Life.

My phobia is car crashes. I often have these over the top, kafka nightmares about how a horrible chain reaction of death and tragedy all links directly back to me and a fender-bender, thus putting all that moral responsibility on my shoulders. And then I have to fend off an army of lawyers in traffic court.

Or, the car just gets tapped and I explode into hamburger, like something out of the original Half-Life.

You don't want to watch Final Destination 2, then.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

I hope i'm doing this right.

Atelophobia

Atychiphobia

Acrophobia

Decidophobia

Disposophobia

Monophobia(sometimes)

Obesophobia

Scoleciphobia

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

sometimes fat ppl scares me ._.

"Fat people, not good?" :lol:

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I'll make sure to come around your house at night and hide in your cupboards... :3

~

It's a bit of an obvious fear but I really cannot abide heights. As a result I have a deep seated sense of prejudice and suspicion towards sky divers, rock climbers, and just adrenaline junkies in general.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

@Selfsurprise: Oh man, I've always wanted to skydive! :D And rollercoaster are pretty fun too, gosh damn. I used to be scared of heights, but my friend managed to help me get over it by making me jump off the playground's tallest structures over and over back in primary school. XD

@Timmix: Oh hey, we share a phobia! I HATE open sea. Gosh damn, it's scary as fuck. When you're swimming in the middle of no where and look down and see nothing but darkness. :S Oof. I feel the same with Subnautica too. XD It looks beautiful and so fun, but I wouldn't be able to play it cause it's just... So... Open...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

@Selfsurprise: Oh man, I've always wanted to skydive! :D And rollercoaster are pretty fun too, gosh damn. I used to be scared of heights, but my friend managed to help me get over it by making me jump off the playground's tallest structures over and over back in primary school. XD

icon_lol.gif It's a start, I suppose...

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

"Fat people, not good?" :lol:

Ok turn it off this is just weird

OT: I have a fear of heights, which i kid you not is bad enough for me when I go into places with long ass escalators and the elevator isnt easy to find, just have Live and Let Die playing and you have my fear kicked up a notch,

I can go onto some rides at amusement parks but not many, and I think I can go onto planes without it being an issue, I'm not certain about helis, but I know with roller coasters I cant really do without having my fear kick up a few notches, if its playing live and let die before I get onto the ride I am going to possibly before I even get onto the ride be in a spot where I am literally crying and in a corner rocking myself back and forth it is that bad, trust me, you better have a damned good life insurance policy and about 10.7 million dollars for me to get if you force me on to a rollercoaster ride, because if you dont you aint getting me onto that ride....

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I may be borderline pupaphobic. Without wanting to sound like a triggered Tumblr edgelord about it, there is something inherently creepy about an inanimate but otherwise anthropomorphic object that is designed to not only look like a person, but to imitate a living person's animate qualities. I think it was the TV reviewer and comedian Charlie Brooker that said the Italian muppet family in the Dolmio adverts disgusted him because he found the idea of puppets eating human food revolting. I have this deep seated and utterly irrational germ of fear in my brain that puppets are biding their time in order to fill the niche created by our organic (and thus pitifully vulnerable) lives.

puppets-kill-whisperingsecrets.jpg

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Beyond my cleithrophobia, I believe I also have telephonophobia which is exactly what you think it is: fear of telephones. I get anxiety, I start sweating, and my heart races whenever I have to cold call someone on the telephone. Or when someone calls me out of the blue.

I knew I disliked making telephone calls but my telephonophobia came to the fore when a temp agency placed me in a job at a telemarketing company making cold calls for potential customers. During the training session, I was only calling the team lead but my heart began racing something awful, I began sweating and I began to feel extremely nauseous. I had to rush to the bathroom for fear of vomiting. This came on all of the sudden and I told the team lead that I had to go home. They accepted it and as soon as I got out of the building and knew I wouldn't be making calls, I suddenly felt 100% better. I called the company (the anxiety returned!) and told them what had happened and they said that I'm not the first and that they would find someone else. I nearly collapsed when I got onto the bus ride home.

Even today, I can't cold call people without nearly fainting. I don't know what it is.

Beyond my cleithrophobia, I believe I also have telephonophobia which is exactly what you think it is: fear of telephones. I get anxiety, I start sweating, and my heart races whenever I have to cold call someone on the telephone. Or when someone calls me out of the blue.

I knew I disliked making telephone calls but my telephonophobia came to the fore when a temp agency placed me in a job at a telemarketing company making cold calls for potential customers. During the training session, I was only calling the team lead but my heart began racing something awful, I began sweating and I began to feel extremely nauseous. I had to rush to the bathroom for fear of vomiting. This came on all of the sudden and I told the team lead that I had to go home. They accepted it and as soon as I got out of the building and knew I wouldn't be making calls, I suddenly felt 100% better. I called the company (the anxiety returned!) and told them what had happened and they said that I'm not the first and that they would find someone else. I nearly collapsed when I got onto the bus ride home.

Even today, I can't cold call people without nearly fainting. I don't know what it is.

This is exactly me. I can't even call people I know without controlling my breathing. The fact that I'm so nervous I stutter on the phone helps nothing.

Retired Forum Moderator

I must have a mild case of that then... I don't mind someone calling me, as long as I'm either expecting it, or know the person, all else is a no-go. I did well as a call-in helpdesk for modems because I expected random people calling, but I wouldn't be able to cold-call someone to save my life. (just calling in sick took effort, and that was automated)

@SelfSurprise: My grandmother has that kind of shit just lying around in the house. XD Creeps the fuck out of me.

I kinda struggle to make phone calls too. But it's not as extreme. I try to avoid making ANY calls, even if it's with my work. I hate calling up people. :S But on the call, I'm not nervous or anything. I dunno, I just get the shakes if I know I have to call somebody up. It's weird. Would rather walk into work to see when my next shift is, rather than just simply call them up.

@Bidet: I can't stand the sight of seeing bones out of place. >.> If the bone was completely out of the body, not covered in blood, that's fine. I'm fine with skeletons. But as soon as I see somebody's leg broken with the bone sticking out... ugghhhh. Even in animated shit, I cannot stand it. I remember I found my sister watching that stupid Happy Tree Friends show once. I went to see what was going on in it and oh god, of course it just had to be about bones where they shouldn't be, and I almost threw up. Kinda wanted to, I felt so siiiick.

I feel like my fear of the ocean is getting worse. Not only can I not even stand it in games, but I was just walking along a pier in Hobart, looking down at the water. And geez, I felt SO freaked out. Just the fact that I couldn't see shit all under the water, I had to stand right at the center of the walkway to feel safe. And that was just at a pier... :S Maybe my fear of the ocean came from games, cause like... in 90% of games, if there's water, there's either something in it waiting to come eat you, or... it's instant death. XD And I don't like. I don't like water...

-------

@Jeb: I'm like that about deep water in general. If I can't see the bottom or light can't reach down there, even thinking about it can mess up my breathing. Combine that with my fear of chocking and the thought of drowning in the ocean is one of my worst fears.

Shame too because I'm absolutely fascinated by sea life, but it comes at great cost.

Retired Forum Moderator