Real Men Cry

Sign in to follow this  

Post anything you've read, seen, etc. that opened up the waterworks. To start it off:

9UIc6o5Z8SU

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

51M99MR8VDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I wish I was kidding.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time..._The_Discoverers

-> episode 23. When the music with the violin plays.

Unfortunately I can't find this on the web. I saw this more than 10 years ago.

And this:

Xj_pg5bxI9o

And also a scene from a great game I quoted lines from.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

ForrestGraveScene.jpg

You died on a tuesday.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Marley and Me...

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I+am+legend+%25282007%2529.JPG

Yea, you all know what scene it was..

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

To those who are playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time, or plan on playing it for the first time, stay away (from the summoner!) from the spoiler.

DJbQxDmhPFo

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Disney movies are a walk in the park next to the real world. Here's an excerpt from A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah.

We had walked six miles and were now at Kabati, Grandmother’s village. It was deserted. All that was left were footprints in the sand leading toward the dense forest that spread out beyond the village.

As evening approached, people started arriving from the mining area. Their whispers, the cries of little children seeking lost parents and tired of walking, and the wails of hungry babies replaced the evening songs of crickets and birds. We sat on Grandmother’s verandah, waiting and listening.

“Do you guys think it is a good idea to go back to Mogbwemo?” Junior asked. But before either of us had a chance to answer, a Volkswagen roared in the distance and all the people walking on the road ran into the nearby bushes. We ran, too, but didn’t go that far. My heart pounded and my breathing intensified. The vehicle stopped in front of my grandmother’s house, and from where we lay, we could see that whoever was inside the car was not armed. As we, and others, emerged from the bushes, we saw a man run from the driver’s seat to the sidewalk, where he vomited blood. His arm was bleeding. When he stopped vomiting, he began to cry. It was the first time I had seen a grown man cry like a child, and I felt a sting in my heart. A woman put her arms around the man and begged him to stand up. He got to his feet and walked toward the van. When he opened the door opposite the driver’s, a woman who was leaning against it fell to the ground. Blood was coming out of her ears. People covered the eyes of their children.

In the back of the van were three more dead bodies, two girls and a boy, and their blood was all over the seats and the ceiling of the van. I wanted to move away from what I was seeing, but couldn’t. My feet went numb and my entire body froze. Later we learned that the man had tried to escape with his family and the rebels had shot at his vehicle, killing all his family. The only thing that consoled him, for a few seconds at least, was when the woman who had embraced him, and now cried with him, told him that at least he would have the chance to bury them. He would always know where they were laid to rest, she said. She seemed to know a little more about war than the rest of us.

It was the most emotionally powerful book I've ever read.

FFS. Third post in a row that I've made that mentions Clannad. Pure coincidence!

Every arc in Clannad will make you cry. By the end of the second series you'll need surgery on your tear ducts. It's SO SO SAD but SO SO FUNNY. I don't know how key managed to make something like that.

Kotomi's arc (nowhere near the saddest, but will still make you cry):

Based on a true story (partially, very partially). To try and not spoil too much, her parents die and they promise to buy her a bear. They work on a theory of everything, but on the plane before it crashes (that's how they die) they throw out the papers for the theory and put the bear. They also enclose a note "give this to my daughter" (there's no address or anything, that bothers me a little). The case containing the bear and the note is passed from person to person until it reaches Kotomi, years later. There's a lot more to it that you'll see if you watch it, but if I say that it'll spoil Kotomi's episodes.

Just stare into the night sky alone for an hour or so. It makes you think about everyone you've loved. I cried like I never did before.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

After the master died, I broke down and didn't really stop until the end of the movie (20 minutes later)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

A week before Christmas, I decided to re-listen to my Crisis Core playlist (yes, I only listen to video game/movie soundtracks, yes I know it's not "the norm" but I don't care). Anywho, this song played: fTIWd_LJyvM and around the half way point, I really started to cry. I don't care what your point of view with the Final Fantasy series, but this song (and others) get to me.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA