How does Gordon survive at Xen without helmet?

Sign in to follow this  

I'm not sure Blue Shift or Opposing Force are even canon.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

As far as I'm concerned, they're canon unless otherwise contradicted by a future Half-Life game.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Blue Shift and Opposing Force are both considered canon at the moment. Barney was the player character of Blue Shift and appears as a main character in HL2. Valve has confirmed that the nuking of Black Mesa in Opposing Force is canon. The only thing that is not canon from the expansions is Race X from Opposing Force. That was a completely Gearbox-based creation and as such is not part of the series. As for Adrian Shepard, he could or could not appear in a future game.

Blue Shift and Opposing Force are both considered canon at the moment. Barney was the player character of Blue Shift and appears as a main character in HL2. Valve has confirmed that the nuking of Black Mesa in Opposing Force is canon. The only thing that is not canon from the expansions is Race X from Opposing Force. That was a completely Gearbox-based creation and as such is not part of the series. As for Adrian Shepard, he could or could not appear in a future game.

That's interesting. I wonder why the Race X wasn't canon though. But let's get back on topic.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

If Blue Shift was made by Valve my respect for them would be greatly lowered.

As I said, Valve had nothing to do with the expansions, Gearbox was tasked with making them, hence why you don't see any of the Gearbox stuff in HL2.

Well you see Barney...

As far as I'm concerned, they're canon unless otherwise contradicted by a future Half-Life game.

No no, the reason I'm unsure is because I vaguely recall some comment from Mark Laidlaw saying they were not canon. I'll have to see if I can find it now.

EDIT: It actually seems that Valve dodge canonicity questions and so on in general to avoid creativity restrictions in the future, so they expansions may or may not be canon. I guess we'll only find out at some point in the future...

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Well, let's take a look at Barney: he teleported to Xen to set the coordinates for scientists to escape from Black Mesa - and he didn't even wear a helmet or gasmask (like Shephard), or something like that. And he haven't suffocated from the air in Xen! So, I guess, it is able to breath in there.

Plus theory: I think the scientists from Black Mesa actually forgot to identicate the atmosphere in Xen. So, that reveals the reason, why all these scientists, that were in Xen (I actually mean these dead bodies in H.E.V. suits) are wearing H.E.V. suits.

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Well, let's take a look at Barney: he teleported to Xen to set the coordinates for scientists to escape from Black Mesa - and he didn't even wear a helmet or gasmask (like Shephard), or something like that. And he haven't suffocated from the air in Xen! So, I guess, it is able to breath in there.

Plus theory: I think the scientists from Black Mesa actually forgot to identicate the atmosphere in Xen. So, that reveals the reason, why all these scientists, that were in Xen (I actually mean these dead bodies in H.E.V. suits) are wearing H.E.V. suits.

If you read the others comments, you will see that Blue Shift isn't canon..

The same way he survives without a pitchfork or an orangutan.

Perseverance and a goddamn crowbar.

Fix'd

Well, it makes him breath more calmly, anyway. And I'm pretty sure Xen just has a breathable atmosphere.

Hey give Blue Shift some credit, Barney's pretty damn impressive for a security guard, jumping to alien borderworlds shooting up every creature he sees, I bet it said nothing about that in the job description

"Fat People Not Good"

well before freeman went to xen there was a supplies room with a hev suit but no helmet. ross could just black out the screen when entering the room and be like "HOLY SHIT MY FUCKING HELMET"

Xen can support all forms of life.

The End.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Xen can support all forms of life.

The End.

Isn't the end if I keep talking...

:mrgreen:

I suppose the air composition is similar to Earth's explaining why, as mentioned earlier, the aliens can breathe on Earth. As for now, Blue Shift and Opposing Force are canon. I think they are the only Half Life expansion packs that are.