American debt situation

Sign in to follow this  

It would help if your descriptions actually gave the impression that you had sny substantial knowledge of the subject, as opposed to the impression that they currently give, which is that you are getting your information from the lowest-common-denominator hysterics on conspiracy talk radio.

I mean, it's completely impossible to take seriously someone who claims we can split the Earth open with nuclear bombs.

Somebody just shoot me. I give up trying to explain sense. Is there ONE competant human being?

Yes. I am awaiting the second so that we may have a conversation.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Is there a reason why you think yourself intellectually superior to everyone else?

Did I say I was? I am just as mentally incompetant as the rest of the world.

Yes. I am awaiting the second so that we may have a conversation.

Too bad I left the conversation already then.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Is there a reason why you think yourself intellectually superior to everyone else?

Perhaps even moreso.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Perhaps even moreso.

No need to become offensive. You yourself are quite ignorant of problems and continue to be.

No need to become offensive. You yourself are quite ignorant of problems and continue to be.

"My knowledge and experience far exceeds yours by oh, about a Billion times." - Q

"My knowledge and experience far exceeds yours by oh, about a Billion times." - Q

Just stop. Please.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Just stop. Please.

He never said he himself had that, he just said that Q said that... Of course it has no relevance in this thread, but it was a good quote nevertheless.

Way to screw up the formatting with endless periods. Doesn't resemble a temper tantrum thrown by a small child at all.

Anyway, the quote is relevant, if somewhat of an exaggeration.

Shhh! Don't tell him that... I was trying to calm him down...

Way to screw up the formatting with endless periods. Doesn't resemble a temper tantrum thrown by a small child at all.

There. I changed it. And to quote BTGBullseye, "Thank god you are not in a position of power."

Okaaay, I'm sensing a little animosity here, but I think this thread is the best place for this:

There is this coursera class, "A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior" that talks about, among other things, why people make bad economic decisions. I thought that you might find it interesting. There is a lot of material and unfortunately, we're already pretty far along in the lesson, but if anyone is interested I will link the class's lecture/reading notes, which are more concise.