PROGRESS BAR!

most likely why he doesn't watch his own episodes after they're uploaded. he's probably bloody sick of them at that point.

Complete opposite with me. I watch the videos I put up constantly after uploading just to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

most likely why he doesn't watch his own episodes after they're uploaded. he's probably bloody sick of them at that point.

Complete opposite with me. I watch the videos I put up constantly after uploading just to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

If you were watching and editing and fixing videos as much as he does, you'd be sick of it :P But he does watch some of them sometimes after releasing. I think it depends on how much work and screw ups was on the way. Usually a lot with Valve's engine ;)

I mean... it takes like forever with CP! I'm really hoping a new software will speed things up because all these errors piss me off too when he's pissed off :/ AAARGGHH!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I think of those pixel-wide lines like this:

"I want a gnome. Wait, are gnomes even real? {HECU attack, ad libbed response pending for type of attack} Will you stop that?! I can't concentrate when you do that!"

If you were watching and editing and fixing videos as much as he does, you'd be sick of it But he does watch some of them sometimes after releasing. I think it depends on how much work and screw ups was on the way. Usually a lot with Valve's engine

I mean... it takes like forever with CP! I'm really hoping a new software will speed things up because all these errors piss me off too when he's pissed off :/ AAARGGHH!

Surely he watches the Youtube version, he's commented on how dark it is on some videos etc. on the YT version so he obviously does check them out post-upload.

Probably not. I'm betting...well, hoping that the new episode is closer to completion. Ross did say to expect 2-3 episodes this month, but I wouldn't blame him if he misses his target.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I am wondering, is the progress bar really accurate, does anyone know how often he updates it?

I can personally assure you that it is very accurate. There sometimes are delays in the actual progress and update on time. Once updated, it is how it looks :D

And yeah, we shall see if two episodes will manage to come out this month.... I dunno too....

my signature *wink**wink*

I never understand the little bits of progress that aren't there. Like the little lines you can barely see, is the dialogue really just missing one word or what? I can understand a lot of it being gone but little splotches make me think that Ross sometimes discards words on their own if they don't fit. Which actually shows honest to god effort but it still makes me wonder.

The idea of him sitting there in a pile of calculators with a math formula or two, trying to figure out the exact amount of green or red to put in each 1-pixel-wide bar to accurately represent which words have been recorded, and even to represent the number of times that he estimates he'll need to re-record them, blows my mind.

I bet that most of the time between episodes is actually spent running the numbers for the progress bar, not creating the episode. With it being so labour-intensive and time-consuming, the progress bar calculations probably even include the progress that's been made on the completion of the progress bar calculations themselves.

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

I never understand the little bits of progress that aren't there. Like the little lines you can barely see, is the dialogue really just missing one word or what? I can understand a lot of it being gone but little splotches make me think that Ross sometimes discards words on their own if they don't fit. Which actually shows honest to god effort but it still makes me wonder.

The idea of him sitting there in a pile of calculators with a math formula or two, trying to figure out the exact amount of green or red to put in each 1-pixel-wide bar to accurately represent which words have been recorded, and even to represent the number of times that he estimates he'll need to re-record them, blows my mind.

I bet that most of the time between episodes is actually spent running the numbers for the progress bar, not creating the episode. With it being so labour-intensive and time-consuming, the progress bar calculations probably even include the progress that's been made on the completion of the progress bar calculations themselves.

haha! :D Just ask Ross's girlfriend instead of trollin'

Probably just unpolished punchlines. Right, Freegirl?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix

Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.

wait... isn't the progress bar full now? except those tiny little sections so shouldn't the video be up soon?

didn't he say that 2 or three FM episodes would be uploaded this month? it doesn't seem likely.

The bar is almost all green! Yay! I can't wait for it!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"