My opinion about G-Man...What is yours?

Sign in to follow this  

Hello.

I was thinking about G-Man....And I think that he could be .... The angel of death? The grim, or whatever it's called (I'm from Argentina, I can't write good in english).

What do you think ? Besides the known "opinions", like he is Gordon Freeman of the future and stuff.

G-Man, in my opinion, is a human embodiment of how we see God. He's always watching over us, at times helping us (Cpl. Shepard in Radioactive waste room), but if we do something against his will or intentions, we are punished (Alternate ending to HL)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Hello.

I was thinking about G-Man....And I think that he could be .... The angel of death? The grim, or whatever it's called (I'm from Argentina, I can't write good in english).

What do you think ? Besides the known "opinions", like he is Gordon Freeman of the future and stuff.

Grim Reaper. :)

And personally I believe there is insufficient data to draw any valid conclusions as to who the G-Man really is. We may (or may not) find out in the next Half-Life game.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Valve claims that they don't even know who the G Man really is. He's just there for the mystery of the plot. Instead of the player's mind saying "This game lacks plot. All I'm doing is shooting aliens," it says, "Why is this strange man leading me on this wild goose chase through alien-infested territory?"

Valve might never tell us who the G Man is. But according to Ross, he's a prick from management that owns two scientist zombies. I like that one better than mine, actually :lol:

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Hello.

Grim Reaper. :)

And personally I believe there is insufficient data to draw any valid conclusions as to who the G-Man really is. We may (or may not) find out in the next Half-Life game.

In other words, we will never find out who the g-man is...

"Life sucks sober!"

I just see him as a corrupt business man. You're basically working for him against your will but you don't really know what for. He obviously isn't the 'boss' because he has employers so you get the sense there's larger workings behind this. But he's also in a way your representative for these people, whoever they are.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

my opinion about the gman? fucking love the Gman Squad!

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Hm, as evidenced by his speeches, especially in Ep 2, I think it's definitely hinted at, if not directly pointed to, the idea that the Gman is part of an alien race working to bring down the Combine. He likely takes the form of a human to talk with Gordon. His race apparently has similar super-dimensional powers to the Vortigaunts, also evidenced by their intercepting his presence at the beginning of Ep1. He and the Vortigaunts seem to be able to move through the black void dimension we've seen many times. He also seems to have the ability to change things as he sees fit in this dimension, creating the weird visions that Gordon sees.

His actions certainly show that his superiors are working against the Combine, perhaps on many more worlds than just Earth. We know that Earth wasn't the first planet they invaded.

Then, there's also the fact that Gman doesn't seem entirely contained by the will of his superiors. He's said that it was his opinion alone that Alyx was worth saving from Black Mesa, his superiors saying she wasn't worth the effort.

Following Eedo's line of thought, i wonder if Alyx wasnt used in some kind of bargain with Eli.

A possibility would be that the G-Man is some kind of alien mercenary, and if you ask me, the masterminds are some kind of super elder vortigaunts or something like that. With powers that can match even G-Man itself, they have used the combine as a way to come to Earth and earn humans trust, what they are looking for is unknown.

And thats where Eli comes in, im not sure what G-Man used him for, but it is probably for some kind of plot to destroy/conquer/steal/defeat the combine AND the vortigaunts

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Following Eedo's line of thought, i wonder if Alyx wasnt used in some kind of bargain with Eli.

A possibility would be that the G-Man is some kind of alien mercenary, and if you ask me, the masterminds are some kind of super elder vortigaunts or something like that. With powers that can match even G-Man itself, they have used the combine as a way to come to Earth and earn humans trust, what they are looking for is unknown.

And thats where Eli comes in, im not sure what G-Man used him for, but it is probably for some kind of plot to destroy/conquer/steal/defeat the combine AND the vortigaunts

If the Vortigaunts are working with the Gman, why did they get in his way of contacting Gordon?

He's just the mysterious government man to me, a powerful person pulling the strings, and probably part of some large conspiracy.

And how can you explain his powers ? :mrgreen:

If the Vortigaunts are working with the Gman, why did they get in his way of contacting Gordon?

The vortigaunts, by Episode 2, pretty much realised G-Man no longer obeys them, after some kind of disagreement that happened at the very beggining of Episode 1 (im not sure if it was about Gordon or Alyx, i mean, he would let Gordon live, but his intentions for Alyx at that point remain unknown).

In HL1 the Combine invasion started with the Vortigaunts, i believe since they were slaves of the combine they were used as the vanguard of the army since Earth was an unknown enviroment at that time, i believe they found Alyx inside Black Mesa and were stopped from murdering her by the G-Man. He took Alyx with him and used her to blackmail Eli to take part in his plot (plot that still remains unknown).

After seeing some of the Vortigaunts' lines, you gotta admit they seem to be hiding something, and it is also believable that the Vortigaunts have some kind of "universal mind", so something like a grand Vortigaunt uprising wouldnt be impossible, since they got the humans' trust now.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

My guess is that he is some kind of businessman that influences events in a way that is preferable for his employers and in return receives some kind of payment. These employers seem to want the combine off Earth or weakened for some purpose.

In relevance to Husker's thoughts, G Man could be the "messenger" of the higher universal order, which keeps in tact the balance of the universe. If a race (Combine) becomes to terribly strong that it threatens the lives of every living thing, they have to either hinder or terminate it.

In relevance to Husker's thoughts, G Man could be the "messenger" of the higher universal order, which keeps in tact the balance of the universe. If a race (Combine) becomes to terribly strong that it threatens the lives of every living thing, they have to either hinder or terminate it.

That's speculation but sounds pretty logical to me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Or the explanation of everything:

In the end of the game, Gordon wakes up in the test chamber, with some scientist around him. He didn't have a helmet, so, when the roof started to break down, his head got hit by a .... little piece of roof.

When he wakes up, he sees everything with HL1 graphics. A scientist gives him his glasses, he puts it on, and he sees everything with the last HL graphics.

All was a dream. And G-Man was the unknown man in his dreams because he saw him speaking with one scientist inside that room before Sector B.

So, he speaks to him (or press the E key, lol), and the "G-Man" says to him that he is from the government.

This, my friends, would be really annoying. It would be awesome walking around all Black Mesa without all things destroyed, and stuff. But, it would be annoying had to pass by all those problems to....DREAM?!

Yes, I'm crazy.