Stupid Ways the Government is Trying to Screw the Internet

Sign in to follow this  

Here's a good video:

That is a very accurate description of the bill, and what MPAA is going to do with it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Just learned that, instead of just a few websites, they are able to shut down an entire fucking server just because of one person.

The makers of the bill publicly said they don't have a clue of what'll happen if this goes through.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

The thing is the corporations supporting the bill have more money. Its as simple as that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will personally be using a satellite internet connection to an out-of-country proxy if these bills get passed. I want my internet open, and uncensored.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/help-us-stop-sopa

This was something I was delighted to see, a game company realizing how big of a threat to all of us legitimate internet-lovers, and use their position to rally their sizable community against it.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I've read bits of the bill itself, as well as various summaries. It's an extremely destructive piece of legislation.

The websites the RIAA and MPAA could legally have blocked completely under the bill's use:

Youtube

Google

Facebook

Reddit

All search engines

All torrenting sites

All file sharing sites of any kind

I'm not saying all of these will certainly go down immediately, but some will. My guess for the first day of the bill's enactment, Youtube will go down, along with popular torrenting sites. If the corporations are feeling cocky, they might even take down Google to limit people's ability to find pirated material. And who's to say they won't? We're giving them the power. Can we really expect them to use it responsibly, or even sanely?

Lets not forget about PIPA here, the thing they want to slip through the backdoor while we are pointing all our attention at SOPA.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But PIPA is still on foot right?

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.