American troops are out of Iraq!

Just heard it on the news. "The last american troops crossed the Iraqian border today" I mean fucking finally! Not only is the most unnecessary war ever over, but A PRESIDENT KEPT HIS PROMISE! Anyway, this gave me faith in humanity. (Untill I heard that american troops shot civilians from a helicopter, and the guy who told it is getting death sentance, I mean its not even a war, the war has been over for like what ? 5 years or something ?). But this is welcome news.

"Life sucks sober!"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Wait... just what was really gained from the war? It still flummoxes me how a war that lasted nearly a decade did absolutely nothing auspicious for the US.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Wait... just what was really gained from the war? It still flummoxes me how a war that lasted nearly a decade did absolutely nothing auspicious for the US.

Agreed. The War on Terror is one thing, but invading Iraq? I get that Saddam was bad and all, but we really fucked things up for a lot more people than just us. Iraq's military was pretty much pulverized by our invasion and it hasn't really recovered. Now that we've withdrawn, Iran can basically do whatever it wants because there aren't any significant opponents nearby. It's nice that we finally got out of there, but at this point things are so screwed up that I'm not celebrating just yet.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Just heard it on the news. "The last american troops crossed the Iraqian border today" I mean fucking finally! Not only is the most unnecessary war ever over, but A PRESIDENT KEPT HIS PROMISE!

Actually, he kept the LAST President's promise.

(Untill I heard that american troops shot civilians from a helicopter,

Not intentionally, if you're talking about that leaked video Wikicrap posted a while back.

and the guy who told it is getting death sentance,

Not true.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Brad hasn't gotten the death sentence...yet.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Talking about Iraq - it seems that the fun is really only starting now.

The breakup of the country is a distinct possibility. The Shia areas are already controlled by Iran, the Sunnis openly want to secede. The Kurds in the North were always unto themselves but they are the most to lose from breakup of stability because while everyone else were busy blowing each other up the Kurds were building a proper working country with thriving economy. Now it is possible that many people in the South will regard Kurdistan with envious eyes...

Which is the ultimate shame because if ever anything good came up from the NATO adventure in Iraq that was the free Kurdistan.

Regards

I really need to watch TV more, I keep getting major news from forums....

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Perhaps that is a good thing.

Hi Friend.

Perhaps that is a good thing.

Yeah because then it wont be so blown out of proportion by media...

"Life sucks sober!"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Wait... just what was really gained from the war?.

Angry families, dead soldiers, insane debt and the contempt and mockery from almost every single other country on this Earth. Least we finally stopped all this silliness and can move on.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Wait... just what was really gained from the war?.

Angry families, dead soldiers, insane debt and the contempt and mockery from almost every single other country on this Earth. Least we finally stopped all this silliness and can move on.

There were only 4700 dead soldiers in the Iraq War. That is a small number all things considered. The public overhyped each death as if each one were a suprise. Although I agree the Iraq War probably caused an insane finacial crisis that crippled the econemy.

*only* 4700 dead soldiers?

Tell it to their families.

Also, are the lives of US soldiers the only ones that count? What about the 100s of thousands of civilians killed, injured and otherwise affected by the disorder caused by the US invasion? Or are they just "injuns" not worthy of consideration?

Regards

Actually, there weren't many civvies affected negatively... From some of the numbers I've seen, less than 5000 civvies injured or killed, mostly by insurgent's IEDs.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

*only* 4700 dead soldiers?

Tell it to their families.

Also, are the lives of US soldiers the only ones that count? What about the 100s of thousands of civilians killed, injured and otherwise affected by the disorder caused by the US invasion? Or are they just "injuns" not worthy of consideration?

Regards

If I offended you that was not the intent. Iwas just frustrated when I saw the low casulties in comparison to the large number of Coalition troops. If you want to continue the "conversation" I would perfer to do it in the topic "Iraq War".

less than 5000 civvies injured or killed, mostly by insurgent's IEDs.

You probably only counting casualties for the period until the "mission accomplished" blunder by Bush.

Wiki has a page showing different estimates done by different agencies. The spread is very wide but none of the reports shows less than 100,000 fatalities.

Regards

Ah, so you were rolling in the occupation time...

How many of those deaths during the occupation were caused by insurgents and their IEDs as opposed to the US and their soldiers? I have yet to see reliable stats on that.

It doesn't matter, according to the 4th Geneva Convention the occupying force is responsible for protection of civilian population during the occupation.

Regards

So? That convention never says anywhere that an occupying force has to violate the laws of physics to protect everyone from themselves...

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.