Ross does not save Christmas

I know you've talked about Garry's Mod before and how it's "unnecessary" since you can accomplish everything in it by animating, but Ross, I'm seriously suggesting that you take up Gmod animation.
Gmod is still Source engine. All the bugs I had this time around would have still occured under Gmod. Like jerky demo recording, AVI exporting crashes, character refusal to move because it's caught up on an invisible collision with a displacement that doesn't seem like it should be happening at all, etc. My opinion of Garry's Mod is still that it's good for comics, physics videos, but beyond that, the benefits really diminish, unless you have a specialized need that it fulfills.

PoisonSonic: Well I'm not even considering something like Go Animate, what I have planned goes way beyond that. I particularly want to do adventure/comedy videos, something I haven't really been able to do yet. As for shortcuts being bad, it just depends. Again, Source can generate lip sync automatically and have it be about 80% accurate. That's much nicer than doing it all manually. Hell, even PHONEME usage is a shortcut compared to some modelling software. I think for me, shortcuts are absolutely a good thing, so long as they don't clearly hinder my ability to create the kind of video I want to do.

Because of its highly customisable nature with lua scripting and so on, I think it might be worth considering. You could always try and get in to contact with Garry and find out if the problems you have been experiencing could be avoided by using Garry's Mod. I think it might be an avenue worth exploring at least.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Garry's Mod is still in Source, can't you understand what Ross is saying? Source has some very problematic things in it, that Garry's Mod will never solve.

Overall, I'm happy to hear from you, Ross. Hope you'll figure this one out :).

--♪♫

don't worry about getting the CP episode out. i understand the stress behind you wanting to surprise us, and the fact that such a simple project got screwed, but you'll always have your fans. more than likely you'll find a solution to the animating debacle you've been vexed with. at least find a way to make it less stressful to you. At any rate, sorry for assuming, but don't think that we're hating you, or growing impatient from the long breaks. you got lucky with your demographic. as long as you don't completely disappear on us, we'll still remain loyal. :)

Garry's Mod is still in Source, can't you understand what Ross is saying? Source has some very problematic things in it, that Garry's Mod will never solve.

I kinda wanna see a very sloppily put together gmod video by Ross, just to see what he would do. :lol:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I kinda wanna see a very sloppily put together gmod video by Ross, just to see what he would do. :lol:

Civil Protection: The Construct

Coming to a computer near you, April 1st, 2012

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Have you thought about using the creation engine from Skyrim possibly i mean you can mod just about anything in there easily and i bet it has quite a bit of potential for machinima