Derail This Thread

Speaking of parties, doesn't it suck how FPTP voting means we can only ever really have two and anybody who doesn't like them still has to run as one of them?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

So what you're trying to tell me with this political thought experiment is that YOU CAN'T BEAT THE STAIN FIGHTING POWER OF OXI-CLEAN! Hi Billy Mays here to show you how you can take the strain out of stains. Simply add one cup of Oxi-Clean to your wash, and see washed out colors spring back to life. BUT WAIT I can here you at home saying "Billy, that's all well, and good, but you're dead!" Dead before, but now with the power of the Reddi-Reani Kit I'm back on my feet! That's right it can bring ANYONE back from the dead! Have you ever wanted to kill Hitler yourself? Well now you can! Call now! It's only 19.99! That's right! Only 19.99! Here's how to order: Call 1-800-F4K3PH0N3 to order, just pay separate shipping, and handling.

I'm in a good mood... on the internet... better enjoy it while it lasts.

Handling hot metal is dangerous, you shouldn't do it bare-handed.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

You know, I had that explained to me once. By this guy I know. His name was Professor Shitsherlock, first name No.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Dr. No was a decent 007 movie, but I preferred Goldfinger.

Hitrates are usually quite high if you have 100% accuracy.

The movie "folks!" with Tom Selleck and Don Ameche is a movie I can't really stand but my father absolutely loves. The story, in which a family man (Selleck) is suddenly thrust into a situation in which he has to care for his father (Ameche) who has advanced Alzheimer's, who's only lucid in one scene (and then for less than a minute). The dementia is played up for laughs throughout, especially when Selleck's character becomes increasingly grievously injured due to the hiLARious! bumbling of Ameche's character.

To top it off, Selleck's character, a stock trader, is implicated in wrongdoing by the feds (he was one of the few innocent people in the firm) and has had his bank accounts frozen and his family falls apart. You know, for laughs!

Finally, Selleck's character's parents concoct this scheme to commit insurance fraud to help Selleck's character out by committing suicide (because Ameche's character is useless, you see, and neither wants to outlive the other) but making it look like an accident. AND HE GOES ALONG WITH IT!

The attempts (including dousing a car in gasoline while his parents are in it and giving the father a cigar, dropping the parents off in a 'black neighborhood'--because blacks are violent, right?, and finally allowing his dad to fly a plane while his mother rides along) all backfire in side-splitting ways! before Selleck's character finally comes to his senses and saves his parents from the plane (his father believes he's back in "the war" and nearly kills all three of them and some members of the Air Force who have gotten involved) and finally working things out.

This movie has been described as a "dark comedy" but I see NOTHING funny about ANY of this. It's just.... YAAAGH!

My modding is cyclic. My mod is too easy, better make it harder. Oh, this is just right, better play it a bunch. Now I'm really good at it. My mod is too easy, better make it harder.

Good lasers for cheap are remarkable easy to come by, it's the safety glasses for use with lasers that are hard to find.

What? No, not fucking Brian Dennehy! Get the fuck out of here!