What are you listening to?

Shortly, I'll be listening to some TV series and a game... Once I finish replying here.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

etzyscd_Sqg

Well I, for one, love this new singer and I can't wait to see what kinda stuff we get with her next month. But reading these comments gives me the biggest fucking headache, it's like people can't accept that Nightwish has moved on.

"It isn't Nightwish anymore!"

"Anette's style was much more diverse!"

"WE WANT TARJA BACK!"

Like shit, Tarja was gone ten fucking years ago and everyone's still whining about it. Nightwish's style changes and people really have trouble getting the fuck over it.

and then there's "This shit isn't heavy at all, what happened to old Nightwish?"

Well shit, neither were their older singles like Amaranth and Nemo, the whole point of their singles was to expand their fanbase and that really isn't a hard fucking concept to grasp. That also goes well with the "Nightwish is becoming mainstream" pieces of shit in the comments too. Like, boohoo more people are appreciating a good band. What is there to hate about that? People give me such a headache I swear.

the name's riley

Well I, for one, love this new singer and I can't wait to see what kinda stuff we get with her next month. But reading these comments gives me the biggest fucking headache, it's like people can't accept that Nightwish has moved on.

"WE WANT TARJA BACK!"

Like shit, Tarja was gone ten fucking years ago and everyone's still whining about it. Nightwish's style changes and people really have trouble getting the fuck over it.

and then there's "This shit isn't heavy at all, what happened to old Nightwish?"

Well shit, neither were their older singles like Amaranth and Nemo, the whole point of their singles was to expand their fanbase and that really isn't a hard fucking concept to grasp. That also goes well with the "Nightwish is becoming mainstream" pieces of shit in the comments too. Like, boohoo more people are appreciating a good band. What is there to hate about that? People give me such a headache I swear.

This is but a fraction of the reason why I'm using adblock for the sole purpose of blocking the youtube comments CSS tag.

OT:

dLMImjL5kMs

Retired Forum Moderator

7GLkvCrcExU

Shepherd of Fire, Avenged Sevenfold. These guys are like a contemporary Iron Maiden to me, they have a distinctive melodic sound and a similar penchant for injecting cynical commentary into their lyrics. I blurt "Noice!" or something similarly douchey every time they come up on the radio.

Shepherd of Fire is great, but every time I hear it, I feel like it could have been twice as energizing but was kneecapped by their stylistic choices. I say this as a complete layman to music theory and as someone who can't even whistle, but:

1. The lead in to the chorus where he goes "don't you know" seems a little too abrupt and matter of fact. Not to be crude, but I think it kinda blows its wad too soon. I feel like stretching that out just a bit and having it ramp up in volume or maybe a key change would have set a better tone for the chorus to really slam it. One of the best lead-in to a power chorus I've heard recently is Lindsey Stirling's Shadows or Godsmack's 1000HP.

2. The chorus isn't all that more intense than the refrains. I really can't put my finger on where its lacking to me, but the drums don't try anything new, the lead doesn't sing any higher or louder, and no new instruments kick in. I think some backup singers, or maybe whatever percussion instrument makes the "breaking chain" sound could have really added.

Thats my opinion anyways. I like the song well enough, but I feel like it could have been epic.

The Carpet Crawlers 1999 - Genesis

Please don't flay me

LOL! A bit too popsy for my liking, but a classic is a classic...

Here's an unexpected gem - from their 2014 debut album. Heard it by chance, on a magazine cover disc...

Regards

LOL! A bit too popsy for my liking, but a classic is a classic...
I know! I think I prefer the original version, but this one is an alright standalone pop-focused translation.

"WE WANT TARJA BACK!"

The same sort of thing has happened with Diablo Swing Orchestra. Their singer Annlouice left last year to pursue a full-on opera career, and the new singer Kristin isn't an opera singer. The YouTube of their current single is full of people being really unhappy about it. And yes, it's a very different sound to their previous work, but so what? It's still definitely DSO, and DSO are known for smashing genres together. Metal fans are among the worst music fans in terms of snobbery and narrow-mindedness.

----

Endgame (Speed Of Life) - Panic Room

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

The same sort of thing has happened with Diablo Swing Orchestra. Their singer Annlouice left last year to pursue a full-on opera career, and the new singer Kristin isn't an opera singer. The YouTube of their current single is full of people being really unhappy about it. And yes, it's a very different sound to their previous work, but so what? It's still definitely DSO, and DSO are known for smashing genres together. Metal fans are among the worst music fans in terms of snobbery and narrow-mindedness.

Yeah it's particularly bad with metal and EDM fans.

Like you'll have people on knife party songs complaining about how knife party doesn't make dubstep anymore. Like no shit? The whole point of the knife party project was experimentation. Half of knife party's new album made fun of fans for that reason, they do nothing but complain about the content.

Rammstein's work back in the 90s was great but LIFAD was by no means a bad album, hell, Anette wasn't an amazing addition to Nightwish but Imaginaerum was a damn good album and Nightwish's most popular for a reason. People have a hard time accepting change and it just bothers me.

the name's riley

And join with us, please!

Valkyrie maidens cry above the cold wind to Valhalla :twisted:

JdfRAdr10Yo

...in keeping with today's weather here...

Regards

...in keeping with today's weather here...

One day, we may actually experience Spring!

----

Hollow Life - KoRn

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Don't usually listen to Pop or this kind of music, but I really like it. X3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_WjelXpVs

Just the tune makes me feel good.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

That solo at 3:10

d262qdmbz5A

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

7jjKLx9A14s

As much as I love most of the vocal versions I do love hearing the all the various instruments and sounds that would normally be more difficult to hear either in game or over the lyrics. I particularly love the piano around 0:46.