What are you listening to?

3 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

man that sounds so annoying, it just sounds like someone who's screwing around with his new synth

even as far as classical music goes, i think this sounds pretty terrible, and if someone played this to me, i would probably beg them to just turn it off

i'm really confused by the YouTube comments, this is either clearly a joke, or this has to be straight up incomplete - the people in the comments just come off as really pretentious, and they use some big words to justify this whole thing

i don't think there's anything clever in making something terrible on purpose, but... people do watch The Room for some reason... and people actually like that movie, for, some reason - i don't understand the internet

I mean, not everything is for everyone, sure. It all boils down to how much tolerance you have for dissonance or even for classical music in general. If it does nothing for you then that's completely fine, but this was written in 1936 and is still being performed and listened to to this day and many people say they've been greatly inspired by it, so please do understand that it's not supposed to be "terrible on purpose" and that people aren't pretending to like it just to look smart. Here's a video that attempts to explain why many people admire Webern's music when it sounds so ugly and meaningless to so many others:

10 hours ago, Mira said:

I love classical, but i don't have a deep appreciation for it because I know diddly-dick about music theory.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?