Bring Demon Souls/Dark souls to PC

Well, that sucks. Oh well, I've never really had a problem with the few games that I do have that use GFWL, so I guess I won't mind it here either. It's disappointing that they didn't go the extra mile to make a steamworks version too (afterall, consoles have the XBLA and PSN versions, why not the same for PC?), but it's not a deal breaker for me.

So apparently a pirated copy has emerged.

I was really worrying more about GFWL and the 30 FPS issue and but not really about how it looks. But my god does it look awful. It looks like someone took the game, opened it in ms paint and resized it 5 times.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a pirated version of the stuff they are going to ship on PC. It shouldn't look like that. It shouldn't run at 30 FPS either. I think it's almost insulting to ask people to pay 40 bucks for something the developers didn't put the slightest shred of effort into.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So is Sleeping Dogs, but from what I've heard that was a very good one. Just because it is a console port doesn't mean it has to be bad.

This, however, seems like a lazy cash in.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, just saw reviews on the pirated version as well. Assuming this is what the final version will look like, an assumption that I'd be surprised to find inaccurate, I'll have saved myself 40 bucks. I guess this is what happens when people petition for console games to go to the PC. Granted, things could improve through updates and DLC, I think we know that From lacks the same dedication as developers that chose to put their games on PC on their own (at least when Skyrim came out with those terrible console textures, Bethesda released an update to fix it). At least the seems to run at a constant 30 frames per second, whereas the console versions can't even manage that (I'd know, I played through the PS3 version twice).

I get that. But there is a certain standard games really need to adhere to. For god's sake, even Minecraft properly renders at 1080p resolution. Another thing is that in certain games FPS is a pretty big deal. Because it completely changes the feel of the game.

Kind of off-topic but DNF not only looked bad from a technical standpoint but also from a aesthetics one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why are some of you guys Kirk so goddamn picky about how the graphics look? The point of a game is to be fun to play, not to necessarily look like Battlefield 3. I personally don't care at all if it has console graphics, it's still the same game.

My point exactly.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

At least the text in shitty looking, modern games (like DNF) renders properly in 1080p. Dark Souls for the PC just upscales it, which makes it difficult to read. I might not mind this much in other games, but if you intend on playing Dark Souls as it should be played, you'll be reading quite a bit.

Why are some of you guys Kirk so goddamn picky about how the graphics look? The point of a game is to be fun to play, not to necessarily look like Battlefield 3. I personally don't care at all if it has console graphics, it's still the same game.

Because when I pay 40 dollars for a game I expect quality and polish. A fan released a mod less than 30 minutes after the release increasing the internal rendering to 1080p! This is just extremely lazy and I think that is insulting to the consumer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I pay 40 bucks I deserve proper icing. It's like buying a Lamborghini with a wooden chair as a driver seat.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I pay 40 bucks I deserve proper icing. It's like buying a Lamborghini with a wooden chair as a driver seat.

No, it's not. If it was a Lamborghini originally it had proper interior to begin with. What you're saying is that you expect new interior even if it's the same price it would cost on a console.

If you think the graphics ruin the game then just don't play it. You've made your point.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com