Does God exist? (your opinion anyways.)

Sign in to follow this  

JW's never seem to realize that the NUMBER ONE WAY to make people hate their religion is to shove it forcefully in their face.

Indeed. Its so annoying, Ive told them about 5 times to leave me alone. I once saw them at the neighbours house, so I painted a star (dont know the name of it), wrote "Lucifer" on my forehead and put on some death metal. AND THEY STILL TALKED TO ME FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES!! Just fuck off and go on with your own stuff!

"Life sucks sober!"

I have a simple easy way to get rid of them... Tell them I'm a die-hard Catholic, have read their "book", and have several shotguns loaded and waiting for if they decide to step on my property again.

I have yet to see another JW anywhere near my residences.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have a simple easy way to get rid of them... Tell them I'm a die-hard Catholic, have read their "book", and have several shotguns loaded and waiting for if they decide to step on my property again.

Hehe, I've heard a lot of stories about how people scare away JW.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I should try that the next time they come here.

"Life sucks sober!"

Well, I'm a christian. So naturally, yes; I believe in Gawd.

“Follow my advice and you’ll die just like me! Huh-HYUK!”

-Gordon Freeman

Can you ask the Mormon's how magnets work for me?

Related: I don't know if god exists but if he did, the next room will contain... Strippers and food!

I just... I don't even...

Related: I don't know if god exists but if he did, the next room will contain... Strippers and food!

*Facepalm*

“Follow my advice and you’ll die just like me! Huh-HYUK!”

-Gordon Freeman

Can you ask the Mormon's how magnets work for me?

If air exists, may my house burst into flame...

Yea, if that's how life worked, i'd be making 6 figures before the age of 15, dude.

I used to identify as an agnostic, around five to six years ago (I was 12-13-ish at the time), but a year or two after that I decided that the term atheist was more accurate (atheism referring to a lack of belief, and agnosticism referring to a lack of knowledge, essentially making me an agnostic atheist.) As time passed, and I thought more about the subject (it's hard not to since it's such a prevalent discussion online), I formed more complicated views on religion. I think that as I learned more about science, it enhanced my curiosity about the natural world, and when I began to learn the details of the scientific method and it's principles, the credibility of what religion argued for weakened. Studying history of the antiquity gave me some sociological insight that has been rather valuable in examining our current culture. Religion throughout history seems to be a phenomena created by sociological psychology. I'm rather critical of most organized religions, I think that there are significant consequences to perhaps the one similarity all religions share; faith. As such I do not consider faith a virtue.

I am Baptised as a Christian and my beliefs, though having personalized aspects, identify considerably well with the Christian church, specifically Methodist.

I do believe in a God. While he is not a bringer of justice to the entire world and is not meant to keep total peace between humans, he still influences the lives of those who live under his domain for the better. My definitive faith came one day when mr and my father had a roadtrip out to Sandusky, Ohio to go to Cedar Point, an amusement park up there. While in the hotel on the night before, we were watching the weather and there was a 70% chance of rain the next day. As it would mean we couldn't ride the rides and would have wasted time and money on the trip, I prayed that it wouldn't rain the next day.

The next day came and not a drop of rain fell on that park, though you could see a rather dark cloud surrounding the park for the majority of the day, yet the clouds seemed to dissipate before reaching the park and regenerate outside the park, creating a large hole in the storm cloud that covered the area of the park. That is why I have faith in God. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And if you wonder how there can be a God with all this pain and torment in the world, that's why there is a devil as well.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I am Baptised as a Christian and my beliefs, though having personalized aspects, identify considerably well with the Christian church, specifically Methodist.

I do believe in a God. While he is not a bringer of justice to the entire world and is not meant to keep total peace between humans, he still influences the lives of those who live under his domain for the better. My definitive faith came one day when mr and my father had a roadtrip out to Sandusky, Ohio to go to Cedar Point, an amusement park up there. While in the hotel on the night before, we were watching the weather and there was a 70% chance of rain the next day. As it would mean we couldn't ride the rides and would have wasted time and money on the trip, I prayed that it wouldn't rain the next day.

The next day came and not a drop of rain fell on that park, though you could see a rather dark cloud surrounding the park for the majority of the day, yet the clouds seemed to dissipate before reaching the park and regenerate outside the park, creating a large hole in the storm cloud that covered the area of the park. That is why I have faith in God. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And if you wonder how there can be a God with all this pain and torment in the world, that's why there is a devil as well.

For me it was just an epiphany one day when I looked out over nature and thought to myself there was no way life on Earth could be a mere coinscidence. That and the religion just makes sense to me in a way no other religion does and I feel that my faith gives me an inner peace I never had before.

I also discovered that when I do acknowledge God and pray to him, I feel much happier inside. It feels good to put your faith and trust wholely into something.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I also discovered that when I do acknowledge God and pray to him, I feel much happier inside. It feels good to put your faith and trust wholely into something.

Yeah, it does. Now I cannot imagine a world without God. It's changed my entire perception of reality, I think.

For me it was just an epiphany one day when I looked out over nature and thought to myself there was no way life on Earth could be a mere coincidence.

I don't want to debate, but why can't it be a coincidence?

I don't have any intention of trying to make an argument to convince people of anything, but I'd to address a couple of points.

I do believe in a God. While he is not a bringer of justice to the entire world and is not meant to keep total peace between humans, he still influences the lives of those who live under his domain for the better.

Not trying to be snarky, but I'm genuinely curious how people figure out the details of the specific god they put their faith in. How did you come to the conclusion that god is as you describe here?

For me it was just an epiphany one day when I looked out over nature and thought to myself there was no way life on Earth could be a mere coinscidence. That and the religion just makes sense to me in a way no other religion does and I feel that my faith gives me an inner peace I never had before.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by coincidence, what did life coincide with? In terms of how life originated, from what we know it's rather likely that life exists elsewhere in the universe, probably a lot of it. When it comes to how life diversifies, that's most certainly not a coincidence, whether or not one is a theist.

Ian, it's a matter of faith, really. Looking at the scope of existence and how amazing this world truly is, this universe, really, it seems too beautiful, to me at least, to not have some influence from a greater power.

Wheatley, again, there is no right or wrong. From observation of how this world works, that's how I see my God. Everybody else is entitled to their opinion of how God, or Buddha, or Cultist overlord, or lack of higher power, operates and affects our lives. Religion is never a good subject to try to find someone's reasoning, because, frankly, there usually is no reasoning that can be explained through words. Unless you can link our minds and think my thoughts, you'll never be able to understand why I think the way I do.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.