Top 10 Overrated Games

Borderlands.

I never really cared about it at first but then Le Epic Maymay Lands 2 came out and made sure I would never touch the series. I refuse to play a game that is so creatively bankrupt that it has to rely on internet memes and immersion breaking references for it's 'humor.'

My list

Pokemon- i might be too "young" to get this (if you consider 21 too young), but i just cant see whats good about it. I mean it might've been revolutionary when it came out, but even as fan of old games, i just dont see it appealing. And its literally everywhere...

Assassin's Creed- while start of excellent franchise, i feel Altair and AC1 are getting bit too much credit for what they didnt achieve. I mean Assassin's Creed 1 was horrendous. Controls were bad, combat- while challenging, it was repeditive and stealth, which was supposed to be one of main tools in this game was unusable. Plus lame assassination missions, where you always follow same stuff... collect intel in incredibly boring ways to kill a guy for even more boring way. Then ride long way back to Masyaf to go on in a story. And even story was frankly shallow as hell, but at least it somewhat improved later on and it actually was crucial for understanding further story. In any case, for a game that made me toss it out about halfway trough and watch YT videos of story later, mostly 8/10 and 80% ratings are too generous. AC2 was the game that made AC series good, not AC1, so its overrated.

Duke Nukem 3d- Ok, im first to admit i really enjoyed playing it when growing up. But looking back to it, what was special about it? Just duke himself. Back then he was one of the first, if not the first big ego to get his game (and for the record- i have played both duke 1 and 2 as well, i.e pre-3d ones), but by todays standards, his jokes seem childish at best.

Call of duty's since ghosts- i know a lot of you would like to list entire franchise or since mw2, but heres the thing- i actually liked previous ones and they even sorta made sense. Anyways, main part anyways was to just have fun in, plus they actually were quite good. Though i admit i was mad when they ditched ww2 setting with bull reason "its been over so many times theres nothing new" (while every single game focuses on 2-3 major battles, not even including all fronts). Anyways, this new direction was final draw- they have gone too far from original roots, trying to impress kids with "awesome" futuristic stuff (Black ops 2 i handled because it had history campaign also... plus it was fun kicking ass in 80's missions with future weapons :D). not deserving the hype.

Battlefields (with exception of 1942 and possibly vietnam)- what made battlefield good was liberty to be in any role you desire. 1942 still offers you more options than 99 percent of modern fps games (with exception of GTA 5, which aint exactly considered FPS). I mean you had tanks, jeeps, trucks, motorcycles, planes, heck, even prototype choppers, aircraft carriers (drivable!), destroyers (also) and even submarines(!!!), plus lot of stationary weaponry. and this was in vanilla, with tons of mods adding tons of new stuff. Now, vietnam was sequel, offering less options but still satisfactory gameplay. And then we moved to mostly modern era with few exceptions (2142, futuristic- would be good if nto for annoying level system and few returns such as bad company 2 vietnam or 1943 (never on pc and only pacific theatre)) and then... cops and robbers. And EA trying to make story... oh bloody hell, why do you bother? Im not saying its bad franchise, but it definetly aint so hype-worthy. Talk to me again when you have all the options you had in 1942 back.

Skyrim- its good, it has large map, but.... i honhestly dont see anything thats NOT been done years before.

Sims- ok, fair enough, this one is here only partially. Not many games offer to do such stuff that sims does, but after so many games they released, i just fail to see new stuff in it, plus it gets boring real fast. and, well, not real fan of games without ending anyways.

Runescape- i havent heard from it a while, but it was huge deal in around 2006-08. Everyone played it. Level grinding, non-ending, no-purpose bull game.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Duke Nukem 3d- Ok, im first to admit i really enjoyed playing it when growing up. But looking back to it, what was special about it? Just duke himself. Back then he was one of the first, if not the first big ego to get his game (and for the record- i have played both duke 1 and 2 as well, i.e pre-3d ones), but by todays standards, his jokes seem childish at best.

For most of us, duke3d was the next big thing after doom, and of course it compares very favorably. Duke has better design with some real variety and a lot of use of color, as opposed to doom's castle castle castle bloody castle bloody castle tilesets. The sounds were crisper and the weapons felt a lot more punchy. The build engine was also much more inclusive of 'little touches', from interactive sprites to special events.

For most of us, duke3d was the next big thing after doom, and of course it compares very favorably. Duke has better design with some real variety and a lot of use of color, as opposed to doom's castle castle castle bloody castle bloody castle tilesets. The sounds were crisper and the weapons felt a lot more punchy. The build engine was also much more inclusive of 'little touches', from interactive sprites to special events.

well, for me it was first FPS i played (played Wolfenstein 3d later), but i still fail to see all that hype. Duke nukem forever was doomed from start just because of all this hype over duke 3d

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I'm one of the weirdos who thought Duke Nukem Forever was an improvement over Duke 3D. ;)

Ew, you have opinions?

the name's riley

Wait, I'm not the only one with opinions?!? *mind blown*

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.