CIVIL PROTECTION: CHRISTMAS COMMUNITY OUTREACH

Sign in to follow this  

Jesus flipping christ, almost $400 for the cheapest Ipisoft edition?! damn, must be good to have friends...well, that's disappointing.

how long would this have taken you if you didn't have Kinect and Ipisoft? out of curiosity.

I very much enjoyed this one; it's definitely a more entertaining kind of humor to me.

That comment about the not liking it because of 2 guys bobbing their head up and down for 6 minutes made me laugh. It reminded me of the guy who once told me he hated an anime I recommended because nobody died in it and there was no blood or violence. There's more to a good video than action and body count. Oh well, can't please everyone.

I did actually find this amusing. The snowman part caught me off guard, causing me to laugh harder than I probably should have.

Retired Forum Moderator

I watching this new episode and outside it starts to snow. I can finally feel the winter magic now! Yay!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

May I suggest an in-character Civil Protection podcast? It's something that would be easy to produce and make the wait for videos a lot easier. They could talk about current events/pop culture as if they existed in their universe.

"E3 has never been the same since the combine showed up. Now all the booth babes wear full suits of armor, and you can never tell if there's a chick in there or if it's just a guy with a voice modulator."

"Well there's always one way you can tell."

"I'm talking about ways that, you know... WON'T get me shot. Besides, it's not even about games anymore. It's all 'look at the 100 new and improved ways we can keep you from resisting!'"

"I quite liked the deathbot4000."

"Get real, that'll never make it out of prototype."

Did I hear Sim City 4 music in the background????

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

I watching this new episode and outside it starts to snow. I can finally feel the winter magic now! Yay!

Now I want it to snow here too. :(

Did I hear Sim City 4 music in the background????

You did indeed, check the credits! ;)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

The downloadable copy is up. The detail on it is a lot better on the end scene with all the snow. That scene was actually a real pain to record. Normal demo recording didn't work properly and caused character animations to be extremely choppy. I had to record it without demos in-game with full SSAA at 180fps in order to add motion blur later. It was really chugging, some shots took about 20 minutes just to record.

Hi Ross, I'm pretty satisfied with MoCap you've done. Thumb up! Little thing about it - it doesn't look good if person while idling moves its hands,feet,head...but torso or pelvis is dead-frozen ;) But i'm sure you already know what i'm talking about. Nice Ep! Way to go!

p.s. I'd like to have PM from you about engine you'll be using and some help needing.

May I suggest an in-character Civil Protection podcast? It's something that would be easy to produce and make the wait for videos a lot easier. They could talk about current events/pop culture as if they existed in their universe.

"E3 has never been the same since the combine showed up. Now all the booth babes wear full suits of armor, and you can never tell if there's a chick in there or if it's just a guy with a voice modulator."

"I'm talking about ways that, you know... WON'T get me shot. Besides, it's not even about games anymore. It's all 'look at the 100 new and improved ways we can keep you from resisting!'"

I think it's kinda cheesy to put here propositions of how should Ross's ideas work and what should the characters do... :roll:

I suggest you can send him your propositions but after you think about them five times and do reseach among your friends and famili if it's worth it :]

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I think it's kinda cheesy to put here propositions of how should Ross's ideas work and what should the characters do... :roll:

I suggest you can send him your propositions but after you think about them five times and do reseach among your friends and famili if it's worth it :]

But the dialogue was nice. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Yeah, the animation is a bit off, it was all made with just a Kinect.

Kinect, the power of that little box I never use to play games never ceases to amaze me.

That comment about the not liking it because of 2 guys bobbing their head up and down for 6 minutes made me laugh.

And to think that Red vs Blue was just people bobbing thier heads up and down for several years.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

One of my favorite CP episodes yet.

"Dear Civil Protection, what is snow? It's white, moving on."