What is Your Occupation(al Hazard)?

Sign in to follow this  

This dawned on me today, as I am finally going to get my first job working on a farm in Middletown, DE this summer. I'm kind of excited by the prospect of finally making money on a regular basis (not just Christmas and birthday) and as an added bonus, I'll stay in shape throughout the summer, when I usually get lazy and fat. So, what do you guys do for a living?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Nothing, I am waiting to turn 16 so I can get some decent jobs. I have had jobs before but they were really underpayed and just downright crap, so for now I'll wait until April until I start looking.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shipping.

(If you are laughing because you think that's because I right fan-fictions in regards to shipping, we may have to get some cold ones and have a laugh about that.)

I work at a receiving and distribution Warehouse near Vancouver for Loblaws and Westfair Foods (Shop at Superstore ; ) and earn pretty decent moolah. However it's very hard work involving lots of heavy lifting, and dangerous because of how much forklift traffic there is.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Nothing, I am waiting to turn 16 so I can get some decent jobs. I have had jobs before but they were really underpayed and just downright crap, so for now I'll wait until April until I start looking.

This. Only about 6 months before I'm eligible to work somewhere. Technically 16 is age of consent where I live too, but I still have to be 21 to drink, and I think they bumped up the driving age too.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'll be getting into 3D animation and game design post-tertiary. Right now I'm doing 8 hours a day construction work at $15/hour, no tax either since it's all in cash under the table so I'm earning around $120 a day or 1 new game a day if I wasn't paying off my gaming rig.

Work at the front desk of my Dorm, not very many hours and not a very high hourly wage but its incredibly easy and very convenient.

Though if I felt like half-truthing it, I'd say that I do some editing and rotoscoping for my Dad, who's a pro 3D animator who recently expanded to After Effects. But honestly I only do that when he's got a lot of jobs and can't do it on his own, or the work is so mind-numbing that he wants to do it half as much.

I'll be getting into 3D animation and game design post-tertiary.

Lightwave is the way to go, man. Only do Maya if you work in large groups or your clients are picky.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Lightwave is the way to go, man. Only do Maya if you work in large groups or your clients are picky.

Maya is industry standard, every big game dev (apart from Crytek, who want 3DSMax as well) requires knowledge of Maya and Mudbox if you want to be employed.

Maya is industry standard, every big game dev (apart from Crytek, who want 3DSMax as well) requires knowledge of Maya and Mudbox if you want to be employed.

Too bad Maya is glitchy as f*ck.

Anyway, I make music and DJ for a living. It's pretty awesome.

Hi Friend.

Industry Standard =/= Good.

But I suppose if you're going to be working for a team, and you're going into Game Design, then sure, but 3DSMax is good for more technical stuff. Just remember that Lightwave is better for cool stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I'm a Librarian / Technician / Facilities Manager at a branch campus of a small college.

According to the people I help, "Know EVERYTHING" is in my job description.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Development of BattleGrounds 2 as texture artist.

:josephducreux:

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Nothing right now, but I am planning on working in a lab. Preferably one with a nuclear reactor.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Shipping.

(If you are laughing because you think that's because I right fan-fictions in regards to shipping, we may have to get some cold ones and have a laugh about that.)

Oh trust me, I laughed. But more because I know just how much you dislike shipping. XD

As for me, I don't have a job yet, but I am thinking of applying to the library at school. It's minimum wage, but a small trickle of money is better than none, right?

Retired Forum Moderator

i gotta cross a mine field to get to work, the security gate keeper is a fucking loan shark who likes to speak in riddles and won't let me pass until i decipher 6 of them, myself and my co-workers wear a bomb vest in case one of us has a dissenting opinion, my computer will explode once i reach a typing speed of 70 words a minute then fall below it(speed joke). we have self-radiating toilets, our boss gives us Heroine so we'll be dependent on him, and we gotta watch a live sacrifice of this cute little baby ferret once a day to remind us how much worse it could be...

i don't have a job, Random is always the answer!! :D

i gotta cross a mine field to get to work, the security gate keeper is a fucking loan shark who likes to speak in riddles and won't let me pass until i decipher 6 of them, myself and my co-workers wear a bomb vest in case one of us has a dissenting opinion, my computer will explode once i reach a typing speed of 70 words a minute then fall below it(speed joke). we have self-radiating toilets, our boss gives us Heroine so we'll be dependent on him, and we gotta watch a live sacrifice of this cute little baby ferret once a day to remind us how much worse it could be...

i don't have a job, Random is always the answer!! :D

UNSATISFACTION!

You must answer me these questions three

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

as Kirkreng I'm waiting to be 16. Best offers here for minors are usually call centers, most pay 7 or 8 bucks an hour, I was supposed to get a job in one this december/january but they're only hiring people over 16 (it was 15 before). So yeah.. I'm getting a job till next vacations ._.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Nothing. I have two years left at my school of printing industry and book selling, so I think it will be something with books related, but who cares about the future... XD

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"