So, have any of you heard of this series called Half Life?

DERP!

Anyway, how about that Half Life 2: Episode 3?

Sure is mysteriously non-known about!

Any ideas what's taking so long?

My bet is on the first part of the game being by helicopter, akin to other vehicle parts of the series.

Naturally, this has probably taken a while to implement.

And so this thread actually has a use that's not just complaining about Valve time, I guess we can discuss Portal 2 as well, what with them technically being in the same universe and all...

Who all's excited about that?

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I am definitely excited about Portal 2, ever since I saw the trailer for it and heard it was coming out this fall.

Wait, Fall?

I thought it was coming out in April!

Or are you in some screwey corner of the globe that gets games well after everyone else, like Australia or something?

If so, it's gunna suck having to wait several months for Yahtzee's take on the game... Oh well...

Now to just get a computer that can run the bloody game...

At the moment, it can just barely play Half Life 2, and even then the shading is messed up to heck...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I am definitely excited about Portal 2, ever since I saw the trailer for it and heard it was coming out this fall.

Wait, Fall?

I thought it was coming out in April!

Or are you in some screwey corner of the globe that gets games well after everyone else, like Australia or something?

If so, it's gunna suck having to wait several months for Yahtzee's take on the game... Oh well...

Now to just get a computer that can run the bloody game...

At the moment, it can just barely play Half Life 2, and even then the shading is messed up to heck...

I dunno. Some say April, some say it's the fall. I really don't know who to trust. ;P

I built a brand new computer just before Christmas, so I'm definitely ready for it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Hmm. I remember reading something about ep3 not being released and just going to be hl3.

Hmm. I remember reading something about ep3 not being released and just going to be hl3.

o_o

I think Portal 2 is somehow connected to HL 2 EP 3 / HL3... We'll see in a month

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

o_o

I think Portal 2 is somehow connected to HL 2 EP 3 / HL3... We'll see in a month

Yeap, the main question is which month will that be... With our friends at Valve, you never know for sure.

Also, I understand Portal 2 is set "hundreds" of years after the original, so a connection with the HL main storyline seems difficult, unless G-Man pulls another time-warp (a big one, this time).

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

My prediction on Portal 2 (which I've pre-ordered through GameStop so I don't wait a week of downloading to play it) and ep3 is that they will release a newer source engine for Portal 2 and then announce Ep3. Just my 2 cents

This Is A signature That is Working.

I think there's a couple of bits of concept art for Episode 3 out there....other than that, nout.

Portal 2 though...now that looks good. I'd heard it was coming out in April as well, but delays are always likely.

The homepage for Portal 2 just says April 2011, whilst the Wikipedia page for Portal 2 says that it's due on April 22nd (for the EU).

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

GameStop says the 19th of April

This Is A signature That is Working.

My prediction on Portal 2 (which I've pre-ordered through GameStop so I don't wait a week of downloading to play it) and ep3 is that they will release a newer source engine for Portal 2 and then announce Ep3. Just my 2 cents

This would make me so happy.

Moved to the Valve Games section.

GameStop says the 19th of April

I'm guessing that's in North America? Wikipedia lists the release date there as being the 18th.

They should not be doing different release dates... They learned from Left 4 Dead that they can prevent major pirating by doing same-day releasing. Many pirates just don't want to wait.

They should not be doing different release dates... They learned from Left 4 Dead that they can prevent major pirating by doing same-day releasing. Many pirates just don't want to wait.

I think there's a reason why games are released like this, I just can't remember why...

They are releasing it Valve-time style. Really doesn't matter when it will be released, I just really hope there are no more delays this time.

I also read about the Ep3 idea being expanded to HL3. If those rumours are true I will be very happy.

I think there's a reason why games are released like this, I just can't remember why...

They rank it by continent. The people who mocks gabeN the most get the game a couple weeks/months later

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I think they are delaying HL2 EP3 (HL3) because it is last game of BIGEST FRANCHISE half life series. Valve got popular only cos of Hl, and when they end it, they wont be so popular anymore, so they are delaying it as much as possible by releasing other games, like portal 2, updating TF2 and CSS (I even heard rumors that there will be L4D 3 coming at the end of 2011).