So, have any of you heard of this series called Half Life?

Hey-hey-hey.

No one says "Screw Portal 2", ever.

I mean, seriously. The whole conception of the "Portal" is great.

In any case, I`m not saying that I don`t want to see HL2: EP3 (HL3?) as soon as it`s possible.

Maybe developers just ran out of ideas for HL.

(I even heard rumors that there will be L4D 3 coming at the end of 2011).

I thought they said there would not be another Left 4 Dead game for at least three years after the release of Left 4 Dead 2.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I thought they said there would not be another Left 4 Dead game for at least three years after the release of Left 4 Dead 2.

As i said, its only rumors, but if there's gonna be l4d3 this year, holly sh*t, delay hl2 ep3 as much as you want.

They better start talking about the future of the Half-Life series this E3 or sometime in the summer. It's been over 3 years DAMMIT.

Now, everyone, let's stay calm and not be mad at Valve for them talking so long for Episode 3. Instead, let's be happy because this wait means Episode 3 is going to be really freaking awesome.

I don't see why they would need another Left 4 Dead. Left 4 Dead 2 is already awesome; it cannot be improved.

Some people also think the Half-life series ends with Half-Life 2: Episode 3/HL3, but what if it goes on longer? Though I doubt it, since the world is probably going to be saved and everyone is probably going to be really happy by the end of Episode 3/HL3.

Unless G-man puts us in stasis again. I would be begging for a another Half-life game then. At the end of the series, he should no longer have control of Gordon and neither should any of his employers. G-man dying would be pretty awesome, but I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure I just wrote down all my thoughts about this thread right here in this post, so feel free to disagree with me so that I may return here.

I think they are delaying HL2 EP3 (HL3) because it is last game of BIGEST FRANCHISE half life series. Valve got popular only cos of Hl, and when they end it, they wont be so popular anymore, so they are delaying it as much as possible by releasing other games, like portal 2, updating TF2 and CSS (I even heard rumors that there will be L4D 3 coming at the end of 2011).

I don't think the series will end after Episode 3.

It just seems like there's way too much to tell than can fit in 6 hours.

The way I see it, Episode 3 will conclude the stopping of the Combine on Earth, while Half Life 3 (when and if it ever comes to fruition) will involve taking the fight to them.

At least, it makes sense to me...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I think they are delaying HL2 EP3 (HL3) because it is last game of BIGEST FRANCHISE half life series. Valve got popular only cos of Hl, and when they end it, they wont be so popular anymore, so they are delaying it as much as possible by releasing other games, like portal 2, updating TF2 and CSS (I even heard rumors that there will be L4D 3 coming at the end of 2011).

I don't think the series will end after Episode 3.

It just seems like there's way too much to tell than can fit in 6 hours.

The way I see it, Episode 3 will conclude the stopping of the Combine on Earth, while Half Life 3 (when and if it ever comes to fruition) will involve taking the fight to them.

At least, it makes sense to me...

I think it will only be a single game. Just Half-life 3 and not another episode.

They should not be doing different release dates... They learned from Left 4 Dead that they can prevent major pirating by doing same-day releasing. Many pirates just don't want to wait.

I think there's a reason why games are released like this, I just can't remember why...

They rank it by continent. The people who mocks gabeN the most get the game a couple weeks/months later

Actually, I believe the steam release is day 1 and the other days are when the box stores are setting them on shelves(according to what day they usually release games, ie. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.)

IGN in their predictions for 2011 said they predict Half Life 3, they usually include a reason behind it but for HL3 they simply said:

"Half Life 3, and it looks great. Surprise."

To me that made me hope for a 2011 release date, meaning it might be released by 2012 (valve time)

Did anyone else see the portal 2 achievements? Specifically the one that refrences the borealis?

Well this post looks familiar.

I'll quote my reply from the other thread, but in future, try not to post identical posts in multiple threads.

Did anyone see the portal 2 achievement that references the borealis?

I haven't looked at the leaked achievements in case of spoilers.

viewtopic.php?p=48925#p48925

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Valve have actually said to game informer that the next installment of the Half-Life franchise is definetly not going to be the end of the story, instaed they're going to the continue the story for a longer amount of time.

As i said, its only rumors, but if there's gonna be l4d3 this year, holly sh*t, delay hl2 ep3 as much as you want.

Simple answer... L4D IS NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS HALF LIFE

I surely isn't as "good" as Half Life, but it definitely is lots and lots of fun.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I surely isn't as "good" as Half Life, but it definitely is lots and lots of fun.

But definitely not enough to delay HL3, or EP3 a second longer.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

But definitely not enough to delay HL3, or EP3 a second longer.

Haha, i agree.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯