Poll: Who thinks Ross should continue FM through Half-Life 2

Should Ross Scott continue FM through HL 2?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ross Scott continue FM through HL 2?

• yes
    • no
    • i don't really care

@Serva

Is it really though? Or does it seem long because it loads the next part of the level like every 5 minutes?

I don't know why people act as if making jokes about the level design is his main source of humour. Sure it's amusing but there's a reason there's only about 3 or 4 in FM.

@Serva

Is it really though? Or does it seem long because it loads the next part of the level like every 5 minutes?

I've got a fast computer, levels load in less than 10 seconds, and I still say it's longer. Has anybody ever walked through the game, and given how fast Ross Scott moves Gordon Freeman, it's going to take even longer.

I don't know why people act as if making jokes about the level design is his main source of humour. Sure it's amusing but there's a reason there's only about 3 or 4 in FM.

Only 3 or 4 complaints on wanting to get out of that fun house of a facility? Even if I'm not going to go through and count them all, I can tell you off the bat that there is significantly more than that.

Overall, I'm sure it can be done, but it could just as easily not be done.

Blah!

This is getting beside the point!

Longer game = More space to fill in = More lines of dialog.

If by the time Ross finished FM HL1 and feels that he's running out of jokes, why on earth would he start FM HL2? It would be fated to die right smack in the middle, and we'd have nothing but crying fans left over.

It's kinda like that movie you love, but some big Hollywood company went and made two sequels to make more money and not only did they suck, but they just go and ruin the story you love so much. Well, this isn't getting done for money, but sometimes you just gotta let stuff end.

I don't want to be watching FM episodes to the point where I finish it and say "Haaaaaaaaaaaa..... yeah....", so again, it's still a "we'll have to wait and see" kind of thing.

Hey serva, could you change your title? it's making the page stretch. i sent you a PM about this, but i guess you didn't see it.

= \ Off topic fun wrecking....

edit: Hey, don't just go and remove your post. Now I just look crazy...

Well, I'm sure I looked crazy before, but this doesn't help my case at all.

The size of the game isn't an opinion. It's objective.
The size of a game isn't objective at all. If the worst FPS player and puzzle player ever played HL, then played Portal 2 his opinion about which was longer would be completely different compared to another player with an inverse skill set.
If by the time Ross finished FM HL1 and feels that he's running out of jokes' date=' why on earth would he start FM HL2? It would be fated to die right smack in the middle, and we'd have nothing but crying fans left over.[/quote']HL2 would seem to have a lot more opportunities for jokes. The change in environments, considerably larger numbers of NPCs to interact with, new weapons. and so on. I'm surprised he made it this far into HL1 at all, I think he would do okay in HL2 if he decides to.

On the opinion that Ross is "running out of jokes" I think that just isn't true. Ross Scott is quick thinking, and a smart person. If you have ever noticed, the jokes he makes are about the situations he's in or his surrounding enviroment... So if he did continue on Half-Life 2, there would be more deadly situations, more characters to interact with and a bigger enviroment... So my thoughts are that (if given enough time) Ross would never run out of jokes, there's literally a joke for everything, and he's pretty funny so he could think of something.

@Serva

I just hope Ross gets paid for this. Because if he does, what if people lose interest someday and he goes broke... Then he'll have to work at Miccy D's and turn into GABEN!