Black Mesa Source

Why? Slow news day? I don't understand this. It doesn't even seem like a genuine article, it feels like they're just trying to get the knowledge of it out with as little work done in research as possible just to cash in on views. As if anyone who follows BBC News gives a shit about Half-Life 2, let alone a mod of it. They're 'BASICALLY' right in what they're saying, but it's so misleading. For one, the Black Mesa team aren't 'editing the story', they revamped the chapters to be completely different in most areas. I don't even know why this is so irritating to me, it just is.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Why? Slow news day? I don't understand this. It doesn't even seem like a genuine article, it feels like they're just trying to get the knowledge of it out with as little work done in research as possible just to cash in on views. As if anyone who follows BBC News gives a shit about Half-Life 2, let alone a mod of it. They're 'BASICALLY' right in what they're saying, but it's so misleading. For one, the Black Mesa team aren't 'editing the story', they revamped the chapters to be completely different in most areas. I don't even know why this is so irritating to me, it just is.

I read BBC News and care about Half-Life 2. :P

In addition that post was made in the Technology section of the website, which does sometimes cover gaming-related news. It's not that unusual.

Finally, as it's not a mere reskin but instead a 'reimagining' of the original Half-Life, it is entirely possible there may have been some minor plot alterations. Not anything significant if there are any I suspect, but we'll have to wait and see. I think there may be more information about this on the Black Mesa wiki.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I now have a tab open in my browser all the time to watch the count down.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94128543

Guys, help vote Black Mesa up in the Steam Greenlight. If we get to 100%, Black Mesa will have steam integration (achievements, constant updates, ease of install, matchmaking etc...) It'd be even more awesome :D

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94128543

Guys, help vote Black Mesa up in the Steam Greenlight. If we get to 100%, Black Mesa will have steam integration (achievements, constant updates, ease of install, matchmaking etc...) It'd be even more awesome :D

Voted for it this morning!

14% so far!

I voted as well. GORDON FREEMAN FOR PRESIDENT!!! Politicians lie whenever they talk, so even if Gordon was a politician, he'd never lie.

Oh, and I voted for Black Mesa on the green-light thingy too.

I voted. When I checked it was at 16%, probably more by now.

Indeed it is! 22% and rising. Also I voted again with my second steam account.

100 % by when, if it is by the time the game will be released, I'm afraid we're too late. 27 % only right now.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

27% in a day so far. If it continues to go up at its current rate it will be done well before Black Mesa's release. The real question is how long it will take to go from that stage to being on Steam itself.

29% done now.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, from Steam's Greenlight page:

How many votes does a game need to get selected?

It's going to change during the first few days/weeks since we don't know what kind of traffic to expect. Part of the drive for this system is the need for customers to help us prioritize which games they want to see made available on Steam. So the specific number of votes doesn't matter as much as relative interest in a game compared with other games in Steam Greenlight.

We're going to be reaching out to developers as we see their games getting traction regardless of whether they have achieved a specific number of votes or are sitting 1st or 2nd place at any given time. We are most interested in finding the games that people want, not requiring them to always hit a specific number of votes.

Oh, I just found out one of the character artists/face creation system makers is Ivan Vavilov, and he's Ukrainian :D.

I expect to see Ukrainian faces in Black Mesa :mrgreen: XD!

Go Ukraine! :P

As for content, does anyone know how the balance will be in the game?

Will it be the same as in Half-life or more realistic, arcade, or a hybrid?

Would you be able to switch it in the Options?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Okay, so BM:S was 30%, but I just checked an now it's 22%. Unless it got so many votes that it broke, and it actually means 122%, this is unacceptable.