Black Mesa Source

The last official update said to check back at the end of 2010. We're 3 months into 2011 and have had no updates since then. There's widespread speculation that it may be released this summer (around the same time as Dear Esther) however this is not confirmed. Apparently they're just in the 'touching up' phase, but who knows.

i occasionally scour the forums for updates and i have seen a couple people mention that the game is in beta mode so the developers are all playing through and working out the bugs.

they said that a couple months ago they had finished the beta but had to go through each level and remove 100+ pieces of scenery so they would even load.

I'll get it when it's out. No point in worrying about it though. Hope there'll be a Black Mesa Source modding community that'll make mods for the mod... lol

I bet it'll get put up on Steam after release.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Does anyone know about a time frame of a mac port? I'm not sure about time frames factor into these, however I hope it wouldn't take them another seven years...

Granted it's been a while since I've been in the Source engine modding scene but I can offer my Opinion based on my limited knowledge and experience.

To me at least Macs using steam games still feels new, that being said a lot of serious modders (at least the ones I've met) prefer to use PCs for there work. I'm not trying to start the whole Mac vs PC crap but rather all I'm saying is that unless the developers specifically stated that they intend to port the mod to the Mac then I wouldn't get my hopes up.

As far as time is concerned, I don't know. All I can do is offer a guess. I'm not familiar with C++ (the language HL2 source code is written in) however if all it would take is recompiling on a different intermediary language (if that's how steam runs games, I don't actually know) then it should only take a few months to work out the bugs provided it goes smoothly.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer, my area of expertise in source was level design. Now a days, I'm getting into C# and .NET programing, haven't touched the source engine in a long time.

they said that a couple months ago they had finished the beta but had to go through each level and remove 100+ pieces of scenery so they would even load.

You just have to love artificial engine limitations.

You just have to love artificial engine limitations.

it also goes to show just how much detail they put into each level. after i heard about this i got really excited.

I get the feeling the lack of contact with fans has been because they're making some sort of deal with Valve. As has been said, it basically looks finished by now.

I get the feeling the lack of contact with fans has been because they're making some sort of deal with Valve. As has been said, it basically looks finished by now.

I see it more as they are getting tired of the project and the repeated questions and discussions.

That might be but tbh i doubt it. I think they simply quit the project.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's rumoured that the Soundtrack has recently 'gone gold', ie finished and to be released 'soon'. It's been stated on their forums that the soundtrack would be released a couple of weeks before the release of the actual mod, so I'm now going to keep my eye out. After all you never know, it could be coming out 'soon'. ;P

Or it could be months until release. But lets look on the hopefuly side of a release being soon.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

To quote Einstein from Command & Conquer Red Alert: "Time will tell."

other words for "Valve-time"?....

It's rumoured that the Soundtrack has recently 'gone gold', ie finished and to be released 'soon'. It's been stated on their forums that the soundtrack would be released a couple of weeks before the release of the actual mod, so I'm now going to keep my eye out. After all you never know, it could be coming out 'soon'. ;P

Or it could be months until release. But lets look on the hopefuly side of a release being soon.

Maybe they're just waiting till The Tunnel is out...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Maybe they're just waiting till The Tunnel is out...

I don't see why, Civil Protection and the Black Mesa mod don't have anything to do with each other as far as I know.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I am a regular poster to the Black Mesa forums and can definitively say that the following is true:

• The mod is being worked on and it is almost done. It is not dead. The developers are working hard on the mod every day.
  • There have been no Twitter updates because they abandoned Twitter but the website front-page has not been updated to reflect this.
  • The website will be updated when the mod is released.
  • The mod will be out "when it's done".
  • The developers want Black Mesa released as much as the fans want it released. If not more.
  • Asking for updates/release dates/media won't work.

For more information on the Black Mesa mod, please read the Wiki, the FAQ, and peruse the forums. Some ground rules on the forum: Please search the forums before posting questions. Most questions have already been answered many times and many people don't like re-answering the same questions over and over. And the forums are a bit of the "wild west" feeling and some aren't too mature so, please, before asking questions that have already been answered, please search.

Thank you.

I am a regular poster to the Black Mesa forums and can definitively say that the following is true:

• The mod is being worked on and it is almost done. It is not dead. The developers are working hard on the mod every day.
  • There have been no Twitter updates because they abandoned Twitter but the website front-page has not been updated to reflect this.
  • The website will be updated when the mod is released.
  • The mod will be out "when it's done".
  • The developers want Black Mesa released as much as the fans want it released. If not more.
  • Asking for updates/release dates/media won't work.

For more information on the Black Mesa mod, please read the Wiki, the FAQ, and peruse the forums. Some ground rules on the forum: Please search the forums before posting questions. Most questions have already been answered many times and many people don't like re-answering the same questions over and over. And the forums are a bit of the "wild west" feeling and some aren't too mature so, please, before asking questions that have already been answered, please search.

Thank you.

Thank you, random one-post person.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com