Black Mesa Source

Crouch jumping is one of the few things I dislike about Half-Life and Black Mesa strongly. It feels awkward, overused and just outright unnecessary.

But the overall game is too good to really feel like it ruins anything.

It's bloody annoying. Especially the fact that you have to do it so damn much.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is it just me or does the large tentacle monster in blast pit seem a tad bit more responsive than before? as in it is more attuned to movement.

What your not crazy too?

I like the next level up, curve jumping, so much more fun.

I rather enjoy Fibonacci-spiral-jumping. But only a training-course master can perform that.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

is it just me or does the large tentacle monster in blast pit seem a tad bit more responsive than before? as in it is more attuned to movement.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Annoyed the shit out of me.

Same here. It also seems less attentive to explosions, so if it's about to murder your face a timely grenade doesn't always work.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Yeah, I noticed that too. Annoyed the shit out of me.

Same here. It also seems less attentive to explosions, so if it's about to murder your face a timely grenade doesn't always work.

I guess that's why they gave you the satchel charges but it still stumped me for quite a bit and now im beginning to dread the tentacles in xen.

What your not crazy too?

For me the tentacle monster NEVER stopped smashing at the ground, so I played the waiting game of waiting until the three of them were on a different level to the one I wanted to be on before I moved along it. I often waited on ladders.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

i tried to wait on the ladders and got murdered in a graphic fashion. (my character got stuck to the tentacle and got smashed/phased through the ceiling until I exploded in a meaty gore shower)

What your not crazy too?

I just went with the 'throw grenades, pray, and sprint like crazy' strategy, because I'm old fashioned like that.

And that's why you noclipped through the crate smashing room, too!

ZAT VAS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

SFW+or+not+.+yeah+black+mesa+source.+Got+bored+and_50208d_4104604.gif

so much business

3qpaw0.jpg

there's no shame in noclipping through the crate smashing room because gordon controls like absolute shit in Black Mesa.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."