Black Mesa Source

Although falling and dying whilst trying to foolishly hop across dangling crates seems like a more realistic thing for a scientist to do than killing hordes of hostile aliens and trained marines.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I had no issues with the crate-jumping room at all - you don't even need to crouch jump! :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I like the fact that the game isn't easy. Too many simplified games nowadays. They're dumbed down (in more aspects than difficulty, mind you) for casual audiences too much. Which in itself is a stupid decision because a casual group will NOT stick with the games. Hence, they lose interest of many fans and lost the people they're pandering to in the first place.

For example: Compare "Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory" to "Splinter Cell: Conviction".

Anyone else have any map loading issues? I can't get past the part where you raise the rocket up, then you get on a tram. A loading screen appears and I have to eventually ctrl+alt+delete to shut everything down. I even tried downloading an alternate version of that map (c2a2b) and installing it; nothing. Besides not being able to finish the game, what I played so far was quite entertaining.

Really? I find they're about as long as HL2 for me.

Same here, if not somewhat shorter.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

So for those of you who haven't been browsing the BM forums, there's this guy who's making a mod that re-adds in things that he feels are important enough that were cut during the initial development. For now, it's mostly all of C2A5G and I believe C2A5F. The guy who's making it can explain it better than I can.

I8HKlBxJ1NM

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

That is nothing short of impressive, looking very much forward to trying it out.

I agree with him that the alien grunts really needed a health buff, but 250!? I would settle for like 130 or 140.

It was Greenlit a while ago, but now it seems Black Mesa is going to actually be sold on Steam, rather than just distributed for free.

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=17088

There's a developer post further down though with a line that I find quite interesting:

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showpost.php?p=564023&postcount=11

When we got on greenlight, we were forced to move to another engine. Right now, we can't tell you what that engine is due to our licensing agreement.

I wonder if they're talking about Source 2. I can't think why they'd want to keep it a secret if they were using the engine version for DOTA2 or Portal 2, but you never know. I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Personally I'd be happy to pay for this on Steam.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

One thing I don't fully understand is why everyone* is gushing over how awesome it is that VALVe let them sell it. Don't get me wrong, it is pretty cool of VALVe to let someone else profit off of their IP, but VALVe still stands make some dough off of this so it's not like it's charity. Between the engine license and the royalties for selling it on Steam VALVe would be stupid not to let them sell. So it's kind of a win-win for the Black Mesa devs and VALVe.

*"everyone" in this case is just a couple of people over at the Black Mesa forums.

Also I will absolutely throw money at this game. Hopefully that will help Xen be built better and faster and with less horrible jumping puzzles.

Only DSP can fail at a game this much,that's why he's the only LP'er that supplies hours worth of lulz.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post has been approved by the local psychiatric ward. Play safe!

lZji8CScSyY

Get your facepalms ready.

It irks me how much he rags on the developers when most of the problems were his own fault.

Him learning this :

4H6kl.jpg

Would have saved everyone lots of this:

facedesk_gif_by_katetls-d684dcx.gif