Black Mesa Source

It is pretty much the complete opposite for me.

lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I am a regular poster to the Black Mesa forums and can definitively say that the following is true:

• The mod is being worked on and it is almost done. It is not dead. The developers are working hard on the mod every day.
  • There have been no Twitter updates because they abandoned Twitter but the website front-page has not been updated to reflect this.
  • The website will be updated when the mod is released.
  • The mod will be out "when it's done".
  • The developers want Black Mesa released as much as the fans want it released. If not more.
  • Asking for updates/release dates/media won't work.

For more information on the Black Mesa mod, please read the Wiki, the FAQ, and peruse the forums. Some ground rules on the forum: Please search the forums before posting questions. Most questions have already been answered many times and many people don't like re-answering the same questions over and over. And the forums are a bit of the "wild west" feeling and some aren't too mature so, please, before asking questions that have already been answered, please search.

Thank you.

Good to know their still working on it, yet it's still not all good in the hood. Me still cranky cuz of no update.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Patience is a virtue.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

There is no update to inform about any way, unless the developers like to say stuff like "deleted that object" or "added this texture to that brush".

I was very excited for this mod. But now i am really disappointed. And it is not because it is not out yet(i want them to take all the time they need), it is not because there is no ETA yet(i like the it's done when it's done method)....i am disappointed because they haven't given any update whatsoever, it has been over a year since they made a video or even a tweet, a simple: hello, we are still alive would have been enough. That's why i and many other people have given up on this mod.

Yeah, I gave up on it in 2010.

I'm glad they are still working on it. I've kinda lost all the fire I had for it in 2009 when they were going on about it being released, but I suppose that'll make it even more exciting when it finally comes out. However theres always the backlash of the over-hyped development; some people who have little knowledge of what it takes to develop a mod will undoubtedly screech about why it took so long.

They do, however, drop hints. They recently added "Silence is the New Black" at the bottom of the website, along with subtle hints on various dev websites. The biggest hint recently is that the soundtrack has "gone gold" and the devs said that the soundtrack would be released a couple of weeks before the mod, however it's not been officially released yet. Speculating is really all we can do, and is really all anyone in the Black Mesa Forums does anyway. I do know that they're working on it and it's going to be fantastic once it's finally released.

I can't wait to see how they revamped Blastpit.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I look forward to see the tram ride at the start, and the updated look of the first parts of the lab (Your journey to the test chamber.).

And Xen. They are making a really big deal out of it, keeping it a super-secret.

I look forward to see the tram ride at the start, and the updated look of the first parts of the lab (Your journey to the test chamber.).

And Xen. They are making a really big deal out of it, keeping it a super-secret.

Those were the biggest parts for me too... Just a vid of the tram ride would be the ultimate teaser/trailer for the mod...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm guessing it'll come this year, because if f**king DNF can do it, Black Mesa can. If there were some form of major Doom release coming out this year, 2011 would be what 2004 could have been if DNF came out then.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Black Mesa isn't quite as old as DNF is, though. It started in 2005 iirc.

All current clues do lead to a 2011 release. I saw a thread over there that tells the soundtrack is finished, and once they release it we'll know the mod will come a few weeks later.

I haven't heard from Black Mesa in two years now to be honest.

It's almost like the mod died. I mean look at the dates: http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-mesa/news

Chances are Operation Black Mesa and Guard Duty (Reworks of Opposing force and Blue shift) and/or EP 3 will come out before Half-life 2: Black Mesa

At least those released updates in 2010.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I want this, nao

yeah, I can't wait too

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I know when Black Mesa Source should be released. Before Freeman's Mind reaches where Freeman blacks out!

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.