Black Mesa Source

I was thinking like matching the movement's Ross/Freeman makes in the old episodes, recording that, and putting Ross's voice over it.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I would never make FM in BM, but I will probably think up my own Freeman lines whilst playing through it. lol

I guess I'll just have to settle for that.

Although, something kinda similar (as far as putting Ross's voice over different half-life clips) has been done before, on a smaller scale.

uWRoH68nHEQ

I would never make FM in BM, but I will probably think up my own Freeman lines whilst playing through it. lol

Although, something kinda similar (as far as putting Ross's voice over different half-life clips) has been done before, on a smaller scale.

uWRoH68nHEQ

kFqYO2Hbs-Q

Eh...

It's a mixed bag.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

"Number one rule of Freeman's Mind: If you're going to be an asshole, be a funny one."

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

"Hey wanna be my human shield?"

"Yeah."

"Awesome."

That was brilliant.

uWRoH68nHEQ

kFqYO2Hbs-Q

Eh...

It's a mixed bag.

Hahaha Yeah, that would be the general idea. This just makes me look forward to HL2 and the Eps even more, if I live to see 'em.

Let's just try to get through HL1, first.

On another note, the BM forums are once again hyped up from various comments, and the Twitter feed updating and Facebook page being created.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Let's just try to get through HL1, first.

On another note, the BM forums are once again hyped up from various comments, and the Twitter feed updating and Facebook page being created.

I know for a fact that means one of two things:

1. It is close.

2. They just felt like using it for something.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Well, another thing- the composer for the mod recently put an inactive page on his website to buy the soundtrack...stating that it is "not available just yet".

Someone emailed him about it, and he said that he'll "activate the download link when it's released...which shouldn't be much longer."

Interesting...

when it's released...which shouldn't be much longer.

They've been saying that for the last 4 years.

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?t=11509

Even the regulars there are being (carefully) optimistic.

Axeldeath, when something is being actively worked on, the probability of its release constantly increases. The probability that BM gets released in 2012 is higher than in 2011, and in 2013 is higher than in 2012, and so on. I imagine the probability is getting pretty damn high by now, hence why even the long time fans of the project seem to be giddy about this. I would actually be surprised if BM didn't see a release in 2012, and if it won't, a 2013 release is probably almost certain.

Well, another thing- the composer for the mod recently put an inactive page on his website to buy the soundtrack...stating that it is "not available just yet".

Someone emailed him about it, and he said that he'll "activate the download link when it's released...which shouldn't be much longer."

Interesting...

They said that when the soundtrack is made available, the game is two weeks away.

so-it-begins-en-ffffff-2

If it really does happen, 2012 is looking to be a superb year for gaming. The year of Borderlands 2, the rise of fair F2P games (Tribes and Super MNC), the year where online petitions actually caused a PC Port of Dark Souls, Planetside 2, et cetera. This is the Duke Nukem Forever of mods, so let's hope the storybook has happy ending this time. The only thing that would make this even better is Half-Life 3 being announced the day after Black Mesa is released.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

I think it is actually integral that Half-Life 3 is announced no later than soon after BM's release, because with DNF and BM released HL3 will be crowned the new DNF, which is not a good thing because it would build up immense hype that will leave most people disappointed by the finished game, except maybe Alyxx.