When I was a little kid I thought...

Sign in to follow this  

When I was a little kid, I knew more about everything than my teachers.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

When I was a little I thought I can write stories perfectly. I couldn't

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

When I was a little kid I thought that one day I would have to give up on getting toys, that day still has to come.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

When I was a little kid, I believed that if I ran fast enough downhill I could break the lightspeed barrier.

And that there was a secret room in the public library where the librarians lived and slept at night.

Also that my father was Mirror Universe Spock.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

When I was a little kid, I thought Star Trek TNG would go on forever.

When I was a little kid, I thought that my parents didn't do anything, and that I was doing all the work.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

When I was a little kid, I thought to make a lot of money, I had to actually work.

When I was a little kid, I thought everyone is smart and they're just testing me. Therefore I always tried not to behave like the other kids and stayed out of most of the community activites. Then in secondary school it was a must to take apart in those things. So yeah, I was that weird, quiet, calm child with glasses who usually stayed in the classroom between classes.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

When I was a little kid, I thought if you swallowed grape seeds, grapes would grow in your stomach.

lol

Not only you!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

When I was a little kid I thought that the shadows wanted to kill me, but couldn't find anything sharp to get me with.

I'm in a good mood... on the internet... better enjoy it while it lasts.

When I was a little kid, I thought girls' vaginas were second mouths.

When I was a little kid, I thought some girls were eating a lot of fish with their "second mouths". (Don't ask.)

When I was a little kid, I thought girls could eat me. (I think an adult told me that to try and keep me away from them. That backfired pretty epically.)

When I was a little kid, I thought some girls were cold-blooded. (Because some of them snuggled up to me whenever they got cold, so I thought they... Yeah, I don't even know how I came to this conclusion.)

When I was... Wait, why is all the bullshit I believed as a kid about girls? I mean, I was a really smart kid, and I REALLY liked girls, I should've known better.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

When I was a little kid, I thought that the car moved the city around us.

When I was a little kid, I thought every girl that let me snuggle with her loved me.

(I need something not girl related.)

When I was a little kid, I thought that the people in my head were real.

(I need something that doesn't make me look crazy.)

When I was a little kid, I thought puberty left most adults retarded.

(I need something that isn't true.)

When I was a little kid, I thought soda was what gave me an erection.

(And we're back to girls again. I give up.)

When I was a little kid, I thought that the bible wasn't that old, and God might kill everyone if I didn't do everything the priest told me. (No not THOSE things)

Oh, that's something I believed when I was little too! I also thought the bible was true and god was good, loving and protective. That belief died HARD when I actually read it.

When I was just a wee boy, I thought that pickle brine bestowed immortality. because my mom told me that pickles never go bad.

I thought the same thing was true about honey, to a lesser extent. I thought that if you ate honey, you'd stop ageing for a while because it doesn't decay. I also thought that if I ate enough honey I could grow younger and turn back into a baby. And... Well, I ate a lot of honey.

Honey is really good...

When I was little, I thought that energy drinks were in the same class as narcotics. My mom wasn't a fan of them...