Being Evil

Sign in to follow this  

And it's so easy when you're evil...

Seriously, there is something intriguing in being malevolent. I'm a decent person in real life but sometimes I wish I wasn't.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

What's keeping you from being malevolent, Estophelen? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

Well, I live in a certain society and as such I have to follow certain rules and laws. I can't just club an annoying teenager to death or burn down a village because I feel like it. Actually I can, but the consequences would be harsh, so I better not do it. Things could change if I were to became an all-powerfull dictator, but chances are pretty slim.

And also overall I respect the value of life and free will and stuff like that. Even though my empathy is pretty low and I'm a cynical person, I'm not intrinsically evil, though sometimes I wish to be.

Well, I live in a certain society and as such I have to follow certain rules and laws. I can't just club an annoying teenager to death or burn down a village because I feel like it. Actually I can, but the consequences would be harsh, so I better not do it. Things could change if I were to became an all-powerfull dictator, but chances are pretty slim.

And also overall I respect the value of life and free will and stuff like that. Even though my empathy is pretty low and I'm a cynical person, I'm not intrinsically evil, though sometimes I wish to be.

Ah, a likened mindset arrives to aid me in my plans for world conquest.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So... it has come to this.

... and then there were Three.

We only need one more Horseman.

(I'm Death. In case you thought that point was up for debate.)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

No, I'm death... You're the Conqueror...

Oh goody goody, you can fight over who'll be Death, and I'll just take War ^^

Actually... what's the bloody difference between War and Conqueror? For me thay are pretty similar things.

Difference is, you get a red horse, Doom gets a white one.

The Conqueror makes war with other countries, War is civil war.

No, I'm death... You're the Conqueror...

Dude, you're clearly Famine. You're already starved of Rep.

Pestilence retired after the discovery of penicillin, he's been replaced by Pollution.

Now if you don't accept this, you can always be:

[*]Grievous Bodily Harm,

[*]Cruelty to Animals,

[*]Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given Them A Good Thumping But Secretly No Alcohol Lager, or

[*]Really Cool People.

But I'd advise against it.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

... That actually makes sense.

Well, in that case, since my avatar is dressed for it, and since there is no such Horseman as "Conqueror" in any version of Revelations I'm aware of, I claim War.

OTOH, if we're making up Horsemen, might I suggest "Entropy" Whose passing causes all things to decay at an accelerated rate.

*Also, I award no points because no one caught the Gaiman/Pratchett "Good Omens" reference. Seriously, read that book. It's a riot.

Evil doesn't exist. All people do what they think is right in any given set of circumstances.

You think it's right to lock someone in a cell forever for committing certain acts you deem as crimes. A rapist serial killer believes it's right for his victims to suffer as they do or right for his or her self to do these things to people. Hitler thought it was right to slaughter everyone that he believed threatened his people's future.

There is no objective truth of what is right or wrong. It's an entirely subjective judgement that can only be made by an individual human mind in its own specific situation, and can never be anything more than an opinion. Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's opinion.

The only people who can ever disagree with that are people who lack the mental capacity to understand what subjectivity is.

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.