FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 40

Sign in to follow this  

MY FACE WHEN I FINALLY SAW THIS WAS UPLOADED:

1259019571121_1_.png

Great episode too. Probably because so much happened.

I like the logic behind everything, though I think you (Ross) get some sick pleasure out of not picking up weapons, knowing full well that your fans will suffer.

Can't wait for the next one. Gotta go watch this one 8 more times.

Hehehehe! Great intro with that "guy jumping out of window"-move and with the other guy unable to do one pull-up.

Yeeah! Every one who dives througt window at his age is cool in my book! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Lolllllll Cheese slicer! :lol:

This Mexican jumping bean at 5:32 was insane!

mexican-beans-by-danilo-rizzuti-freedigitalphotos-net1.jpg

Respect for the bass at the end!

And finaly......

GS_5VOEcKs0

Possibly a Black Mesa test??? ;);)

Thank you Ross, once again you done a great job!

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

Firstly, great episode Ross. I'm continually amazed how you manage to keep this series so fresh and innovative when it's just you playing a game and often just walking with nothing to comment on - it's the ability to make a continuous monologue actually interesting that I don't understand.

Secondly, it's just my opinion but I got the impression that you were rushing this, and the previous episode, as though you were trying to complete it under a certain time limit. I preferred it when you moved more slowly, as this allowed for those monologues that work so well, but that might just be me and that people prefer the chaos when Freeman gets overwhelmed and frantic.

And finally, a question for Ross - I remember a time, perhaps a couple of years ago now, when you were able to knock off an episode a week for about a month or more. What enabled this and is there anything stopping this now? I understand that it would stop you working on other things, but it might be nice to get a load done like this so that the series is moving foward more quickly, because as much as I like Civil Protection and your other work, Freeman's Mind is far more rewarding for me, and I'm sure far easier to work with for you.

Get used to the wait times between episodes, guys. Ross' vocal chords must have taken forever to heal after that. We respect the job and all its hazards you undertake for us, Ross. I bet it will be really painful to record Freeman's lines after he finishes his metamorphosis into pure sound waves. A great episode, as usual.
I can usually go for about 10 - 20 minutes of shouting, then I only need a few hours to recover, unless I haven't done it in several weeks. This is a mostly accurate portrayal of what my lungpower is like:

O8hwI-1xzo0

I'm happy that it's out! That was the best episode yet! And I've been waiting so long. But that's what I am sad about.

We wait so long, but our happiness is so short. I mean Ross does make long videos, but in the end we just keep wanting more... Now we'll be waiting until episode 41, then back to where we started off at again...

Oh well, it's the circle of life.

I promise the wait on the next one will be shorter, plus I agree with the frustration. This is actually a motivating element of me wanting to do an actual movie. The wait will be even longer, but the payoff will be much larger I think. Like imagine if instead of Half-Life 2: Episode 3, Valve just went and released an all-out Half-Life 3 after another year, it's the same kind of mentality.

Thats what they're doing.

A bright light and the universe feels a little emptier. We shouldn't make those kind of buttons.

I laughed pretty loudly at that. I like those jokes/anecdotes about the unethical and sometimes even trippy shit that goes on at Black Mesa.

I also cracked up at the squid thing ehxaling.

Edit: I just got the craziest deja vu, triggered while scrolling past that Freeman picture at the top of this page, down to my post, and then remembering the previous discussion about spoilers, and then remembering editing a post that I had already made in reply to a previous new episode thread, to say that the picture and spoiler discussion was giving me deja vu.

I feel like I already edited this deja vu commentary into a post once before, in a previous thread.

Man... Writing about having deja vu about having deja vu and writing about it.

I don't even...

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

Secondly, it's just my opinion but I got the impression that you were rushing this, and the previous episode, as though you were trying to complete it under a certain time limit. I preferred it when you moved more slowly, as this allowed for those monologues that work so well, but that might just be me and that people prefer the chaos when Freeman gets overwhelmed and frantic.

yes and...

What's with all the flitting around in the episodes now? I know Freeman runs occasionally but it seems he is on roller skates now. Quick starts, quick stops. May be picky but after the first 30-something episodes where things were somewhat realistic I got used to having freeman have a normal gate. Am I crazy or what? yeah, i know. don't say it. :-)

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

An alright episode. However, one thing keeps bugging me about this: Freeman never lets the soldiers and aliens fight it out. He just runs in and guns down everyone. I think that there could be some potential for jokes when Freeman sees the soldiers actually do something.

I actually missed the crossbow in the cage the first time I played Half-Life. Guess my ineptitude saved my Freeman from looking retard by letting the facehuggers go.

What's with all the flitting around in the episodes now?

Yeah I noticed that too.

yeah, this sort of put me off on this episode, he seemed to zip around instead of the more realistic walking style I had come to expect. Everything felt too rapid-fire for me honestly, just breezed by and over too fast. Still had some funny bits as always, but I wouldn't mind a slightly slower pace again.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Well, remember, this is where the game gets into high action. Also remember that, once you retrieve a scientist and get him to let you outside, you're under heavy HECU fire on your way to the hydroelectric dam. I think it remains in high action throughout until you at least the cliffside.

What's this love of .mkv I've been seeing recently? Alright fine, I realize that the container won the poll, and I respect that, but BTGBullseye was about to swear on his life that it's higher quality than say, .mp4.

It's just a container, ya know. It just holds video and audio files. Argue about audio files and video codecs all you want, but containers? Containers are like clothes: you wear them and stuff. I'm no expert, but isn't saying that one container is a better quality like saying that one web browser is faster than the other? Doesn't it just depend on the video file itself/your internet connection?

Thanks a lot for this hilarious episode.

Great tease when Freeman walked back to the tau cannon lab for a second time.

I really thought "Oh, NOW he's gonna pick it up... nah, guess not."

Also, it reminded me of my all time favorite hiccup scene:

z_jcyLwpEXg

Awesome! Can't wait for next episode.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."