Awesome New Games Coming Out!

The Half-Life series as a fair amount of bugs and glitches too, many of them patched, many not. I'd say its proportional to the game's size

Oblivion fan here, btw.

Have you tried New Vegas? Beats Fallout 3 in pretty much everything. Also in New Vegas I can have Felicia Day with me all the time, and she kicks ass. I prefer Oblivion to Fallout 3, though, I like melee, and melee in FO3 isn't very nice.

You can dislike their games for whatever reason, fair enough, but one thing they don't do is 'suck'. Bethesda's games are generally well made, with a lot of content, ie Oblivion.

Oh ok, I was a bit hasty to call them like that. Oblivion was a good game for some reasons (music, gameplay and it was fun to play), but it was another game in The Elderl Scrols series. So, In case of Morrowind or Duggerfall, Oblivion was simply much more worse.

I agree. Even if Fallout 3 is a great FPS/RPG hybrid, it doesn't even come close to Fallout 2.

And that's why I dont like them. lt's Probably for made that hybrid and don't made Van Buren (which I thought, it would be much more better than F3 and keeps the original idea of Fallouts)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Have you tried New Vegas? Beats Fallout 3 in pretty much everything. Also in New Vegas I can have Felicia Day with me all the time, and she kicks ass. I prefer Oblivion to Fallout 3, though, I like melee, and melee in FO3 isn't very nice.

I'm playing NV right now and I must agree with you ^^

I see glitches in Fallout 3 all the time, and that game uses the Gamebryo engine as well.

I've not played a lot of Fallout 3, so admittedly I cannot really speak for that game. Oblivion was good though.

Fallout 4 and Oblivion are on the same engine. Not sure if Fallout 3 is too, or if it's the engine that also ran Morrowind...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Fallout 4? You mean New Vegas? There's no such thing as Fallout 4. Theres Fallout 3, that has an improved version of the engine used in Oblivion, and then Fallout: New Vegas, which is Fallout 3 in a slightly different time and place, using the same engine as Fallout 3, with some tweaks.

But having the same engine doesn't mean having the same bugs and glitches.

Fallout 4? You mean New Vegas? There's no such thing as Fallout 4. Theres Fallout 3, that has an improved version of the engine used in Oblivion, and then Fallout: New Vegas, which is Fallout 3 in a slightly different time and place, using the same engine as Fallout 3, with some tweaks.

But having the same engine doesn't mean having the same bugs and glitches.

New Vegas is the fourth game in the series, and is therefor "Fallout 4".

Also, I've only noted a few small bugs in the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series, but they are usually easilly fixable with Bethesda's editor. (free download from their site, "GECK" for the Fallout games)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Just like GTA: Vice City isn't GTA IV, FO:NV isn't FO4. But that's just a name.

There are some serious games in Oblivion and FO3, even if most of them aren't noticed by most players. Once you've played enough, you'll find them. In Oblivion there were entire quests that could be ruined because of some bugs. Many people created fixes for these bugs, many of which aren't easy to fix, and finally it was all merged in to one mod, the Unnoficial Obilvion Patch. There you can have an idea about how many fixes the game needs. But I still think it's a masterpiece. Pretty much impossible to not have hundreds of problems when you have thousands of variables.

Just like GTA: Vice City isn't GTA IV, FO:NV isn't FO4. But that's just a name.

There are some serious games in Oblivion and FO3, even if most of them aren't noticed by most players. Once you've played enough, you'll find them. In Oblivion there were entire quests that could be ruined because of some bugs. Many people created fixes for these bugs, many of which aren't easy to fix, and finally it was all merged in to one mod, the Unnoficial Obilvion Patch. There you can have an idea about how many fixes the game needs. But I still think it's a masterpiece. Pretty much impossible to not have hundreds of problems when you have thousands of variables.

But even the best patch can't change the final fight between Akatosh and the Deadra's prince into something more real.

But even the best patch can't change the final fight between Akatosh and the Deadra's prince into something more real.
That is true. And you the entire main quest also sucks monkey balls, and a little bit of buffalo's ass too. And it is also very small. But it is general knowledge that the side quests are what make Oblivion so awesome. The guilds, mainly, have awesome storylines (OMGOMGOMG the Dark Brotherhood quests are so awesome!), much better than that crappy portal stuff, and there are a lot of interesting quests around that vast world.

But, yes, you're right, it does loose a few points for the crappy main quest.

That is true. And you the entire main quest also sucks monkey balls, and a little bit of buffalo's ass too. And it is also very small. But it is general knowledge that the side quests are what make Oblivion so awesome. The guilds, mainly, have awesome storylines (OMGOMGOMG the Dark Brotherhood quests are so awesome!), much better than that crappy portal stuff, and there are a lot of interesting quests around that vast world.

But, yes, you're right, it does loose a few points for the crappy main quest.

Here you have a piont! Dark Brotherhood was one of the best moments, but it was short...

PORTAL 2

Oh ok, I was a bit hasty to call them like that. Oblivion was a good game for some reasons (music, gameplay and it was fun to play), but it was another game in The Elderl Scrols series. So, In case of Morrowind or Duggerfall, Oblivion was simply much more worse.

I almost raged... almost

Im really looking forward to Space Marine, Red Orc 2 and mount and blade warband. I also have alot of games in the mite be getting pile.

Also while u buys a talking about fallout its Fallout: NV>Fallout 3. Also played fallout 2 and love it but I cant really compare it to the new ones because it is such a different game.

Im really looking forward to Space Marine, Red Orc 2 and mount and blade warband. I also have alot of games in the mite be getting pile.

Also while u buys a talking about fallout its Fallout: NV>Fallout 3. Also played fallout 2 and love it but I cant really compare it to the new ones because it is such a different game.

Not totally different. Maybe gameplay-wise but I feel a lot of the atmosphere and general feeling was intact in Fo3, especially since they ported over the SPECIAL system which was what made Fallout unique as a RPG to begin with, and they used a lot of similar graphics to the older games. I haven't played NV yet (probably good if it's better than Fo3) but I plan to eventually.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com