Greatest PC games of all time.

Sign in to follow this  

So Dorkly have been running a "greatest PC game if all time" competition over here -

http://www.dorkly.com/toplist/32341/the-greatest-pc-game-of-all-time

ITT: Post your top 5 and discuss.

scaled.php?server=208&filename=dorkly.png&res=medium

that list was absolutely disgusting.

i'm going to throw up now.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I am trained in gorilla warfare.

I was always interested in this. Do you wrestle them with your bear hands?

/sorry, I'll take me coat... ;-)

Regards

You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands..

I can do the same with my vagina.

Now let's get back on topic maybe?

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

What? are we going to make this list again? oh... ok then:

-Planescape: Torment (For the best story/characters/world/idea and everything. The fighting system suck however, but you dont have to fight all the time in this game. Even with the final boss.)

-Deus Ex (I think everybody knows why)

-Kotor 1/2 (For great characters and story, if you're are a SW fan YOU MUST PLAY BOTH GAMES)

-HoM&M series (Because as I can remember, my whole family was playing this game)

-Orange Box games (For great HL2, which has a great story, gameplay and characters, Tf2 which playing it never gets boring and Portal for the idea)

I could put there Mass effect 2, Morrowind, Gothic series, Tomb Raider games, Oddworld, the Neverhood, Prince Of Persia series and more...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I would put Morrowind instead of Kotor and maybe put one of the original Fallout games on there as well and biff bam boom you've got yourself a list.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I would put Morrowind instead of Kotor and maybe put one of the original Fallout games on there as well and biff bam boom you've got yourself a list.

Yes! Fallout 1 or 2.

I know so many games that It's hard for me to choose those best ones. Also I dont know a lot of good games yet.

Morrowind instead of Kotor?!

I know I should respect the opinions of other people, but damn! Sometimes it's really hard.

I agree with the original Fallouts completely though.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

Morrowind instead of Kotor?!

I know I should respect the opinions of other people, but damn! Sometimes it's really hard.

I agree with the original Fallouts completely though.

My opinion probably doesn't count since I hate Star Wars in the first place.

But come on man, Morrowind is hardcore ballin'. I mean, once you download the "Accurate Attack" mod of course.

Hate Star Wars...?

Calm down... there is no passion, these is peace...

No, seriously, I know that Morrowind is a great game, but I never enjoyed it. Different tastes I guess.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

Hate Star Wars...?

No matter how many times I recite that code I still have this burning compulsion to pick up a tree trunk and begin slamming it into the nearest parked car in pure rage from his post.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Hate Star Wars...?

No, seriously, I know that Morrowind is a great game, but I never enjoyed it. Different tastes I guess.

Yeah. Btw, we should make top best cRPG games, top FPS, top strategy et cetera...

Picking PC games is a helluva lot harder than picking my favorite console games. Seeing as most consoles only have, what, maybe a 5-7 year life span. Not only that, but each console only has about five truly GREAT games. The PC, on the other hand, has over two decades of games with countless "good" to "great" titles. But I digress, that's kinda off topic.

Anyway, Here's my five favorite PC Games:

1) Half-Life 2- I mean, that's why we're all here, isn't it? When it was released, this game was the bleeding edge of great graphics (which in my opinion still hold up today), phenomenal storytelling/writing, gameplay, art, level design... I could go on. In other words, it is one of the very few games that I would consider "art"

2) Sim City 4- this was a really hard one for me, because all of the Sim City games (save for those new abominations) are absolutely excellent. But the fourth incarnation of this series really was the best, most polished, and realistic of the bunch. This is by far and away the only game that I have spent hundreds of hours playing, and am wiling to put hundreds of hours more into.

3) Kotor 1 and 2- Both are excellent. The Writing, dialogue, the sheer amount of engrossment that these games have to offer is unreal. When I first played these games, they utterly blew me away. There are only a few good Star Wars games; well, these are two of the best games of all time, period.

4) Half-Life - The original. The quintessential shooter. My first real PC-gaming experience. Is there really anymore to say about this game?

5) Mass Effect 1&2 - This was the hardest one to pick (isn't the last one always the hardest?). I mean, I'm still so pissed off at the ME3 that I didn't even want to consider the first two. But they really are truly great games. I know, they're not really "PC" games, but that's how I play them, and in my opinion, that's how they should be played.

Narrowly missing my list would be Portal 2.

Picking PC games is a helluva lot harder than picking my favorite console games. Seeing as most consoles only have, what, maybe a 5-7 year life span. Not only that, but each console only has about five truly GREAT games. The PC, on the other hand, has over two decades of games with countless "good" to "great" titles. But I digress, that's kinda off topic.

Anyway, Here's my five favorite PC Games:

1) Half-Life 2- I mean, that's why we're all here, isn't it? When it was released, this game was the bleeding edge of great graphics (which in my opinion still hold up today), phenomenal storytelling/writing, gameplay, art, level design... I could go on. In other words, it is one of the very few games that I would consider "art"

2) Sim City 4- this was a really hard one for me, because all of the Sim City games (save for those new abominations) are absolutely excellent. But the fourth incarnation of this series really was the best, most polished, and realistic of the bunch. This is by far and away the only game that I have spent hundreds of hours playing, and am wiling to put hundreds of hours more into.

3) Kotor 1 and 2- Both are excellent. The Writing, dialogue, the sheer amount of engrossment that these games have to offer is unreal. When I first played these games, they utterly blew me away. There are only a few good Star Wars games; well, these are two of the best games of all time, period.

4) Half-Life - The original. The quintessential shooter. My first real PC-gaming experience. Is there really anymore to say about this game?

5) Mass Effect 1&2 - This was the hardest one to pick (isn't the last one always the hardest?). I mean, I'm still so pissed off at the ME3 that I didn't even want to consider the first two. But they really are truly great games. I know, they're not really "PC" games, but that's how I play them, and in my opinion, that's how they should be played.

Narrowly missing my list would be Portal 2.

Wow... I just had the biggest yawn ever.

Seriously, no offense to you, and NO offense to people who love these games but man... it's so... predictable.

But yeah, good for you. I love those games too. I just think they are kinda overrated.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yeah, my PC gaming experience is kinda limited. There for a while all I played were console games. I mean, I WISH I could come up with more exciting choices, but those are just the best out of the ones I've played.

Well, admittedly, I played both half-life 2 and Kotor 1+2 on the Xbox originally. I later got into Half-life 2 and the later Valve games through the Orange Box on the PC. I've only had a computer capable of playing games for about four years now, so there was a large portion of the time when I played games the most that I missed out on a lot of the cool PC games of that time.