Portal 2

My brother(yeah, i am to poor to buy it myself, no good jobs for kids my age ) has it preloaded as well and i will probably get to play it 1day or so after it comes out because by then my brother should have played through it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My copy was dispatched yesterday.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

i will wait a month or 2 before buying it,it will be way cheapier than now

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Heard the game is very good. Too bad i'll be waiting awhile to get it (i'm poor), but i'm sure its worth the wait.

You have to pay for animations are you kidding me Valve?

Please tell me this is a joke

Korean MMOs don't even have microtransactions as ridiculous as this.

I kind of hoping that is a joke, because it is ridiculous to that much money for GESTURES.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why wouldn't they charge for something if the market is there?

People are forking over $25 for Word of Warcraft crack pony and other virtual goodies. I'm not surprised at all that others are doing it as well.

I agree that a gesture seems a tad minimalist, but when you think about it, there is no difference between a virtual gesture and a virtual mount or virtual hat.

Furthermore, why are we still offended that a company establishes a way to make money? It's their primary goal. Yes, it's very nice when the core team understands its medium and treats it with the respect it deserves, but money has to come in at some point.

If there is a market, then there is no reason not to offer what it wants. I personally will not buy it because I do not play multiplayers, apart from MMOs, but I will not complain about it. As far as I know, I have received no threat from Valve, saying that I had to buy it.

As for those who buy it, good for you. If it makes your gaming experience more enjoyable, then go nuts. As for me, I will thank you for encouraging a company for which I have nothing but love and I hope that this money will fund many, many more projects.

Pink letters!

Well they don't NEED the money(i am pretty sure they are stuffed with money already). But that's not even my problem. I fear that slowly but surely Valve might turn into a money whoring Company that only wants money and does not care about the games(cough cough Activi$ion cough cough).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well they don't NEED the money(i am pretty sure they are stuffed with money already). But that's not even my problem. I fear that slowly but surely Valve might turn into a money whoring Company that only wants money and does not care about the games(cough cough Activi$ion cough cough).

Every one needs money. Valve is second in the world gaming company by income, but that doesnt mean that they have bilions and bilions of $. To create a good game like Portal it costs allot, and if they want to get some profit of it, why not sell stuf. If im not forced to buy it, its ok, i dont care.

(cough cough Activi$ion cough cough).

Activision stopped making games around the early 90's. Now they're strictly a publisher. Valve is a little more than a publisher.

I know, but they still screw up games they publish.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See, I think one of the problem is that as human, we tend to enthropomorphize everything.

Valve isn't just one guy in his basement who, after making a few awesome games, decides to stop worrying about quality and just sell shite to fan boy and girls.

The creative minds are not the same people as those who handle finances. While I'm sure that working at Valve is an awesome thing on it's own, the game creators still have to answer to the money guys.

It's very true that there is a VERY fine line between "selling things" and "selling out", but at the end of the day, money needs to be brought in at some point. I don't think that for a company (who's sole purpose is to make money, let's not kid ourselves) there is in fact a level of "enough money". No CEO is ever going to say "Well... It's been great guys, be made a gagillion quadrillion dollars. We've done it. Let's stop and just give our stuff away, you know... because it's the right thing to do." No it's not. It's the equivalent of saying to your boss "Thank you for the raise, but I don't need it. I make enough to pay my bills and save a little bit. I don't want any more money. That would be greedy".

Now, I'm not a TF2 player, but, haven't they been selling HATS in there as well. Is there a difference between a virtual thing you put on your head (and that only others can see, really) and a virtual gesture that your virtual robot makes?

The point I'm trying to get at is that I have a lot of trouble understanding why a capitalist decision (i.e. cash shop) is met with animosity, when it's obvious that the people making those decisions are not the ones making the game. They talk to each other, and yes, they influence each other, but I doubt we'll see Bobby Kotick break down Ghost Crawler's office door and request that holy paladins stop being nerfed...

Not that I would know anything about that...

Not like I play one at all...

Not like Arenas are a pain because of it now...