Valve's THIRD

Sign in to follow this  

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but this would be HORRIBLE because it would mean that we still would have to wait much longer until Episode 3 comes out. I mean, if they do make a Portal 3, when do you think it will be released? 2014? 2015?

If it came next year, wouldn't that be a little bit too soon after Portal 2, even though it wouldn't really be Portal 3?

No, what I mean is that Portal 3 and HL ep 3 would kind of fused into one, with the original HL storyline intact, but with a Portal-like testing chambers as an added level to the game.

You didn't know? Someone hacked in to the Valve servers and found out that the final boss of Episode 3 is G-Man riding on GLaDOS' back. G-Man says "wake up and smell the asssses" and GLaDOS is like "I'll break your head like you broke my heart". Probably.

+rep for awesome post

This made my day. T-up for this

what I mean is that Portal 3 and HL ep 3 would kind of fused into one, with the original HL storyline intact, but with a Portal-like testing chambers as an added level to the game.

Who knows, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Only 10 years, really? So it's quite a gap between the two game setting. Sigh. Well if Freeman and Chell would meet, Alyx should be there to break the ice. Man, I would love to see that scene

I'm not entirely sure there's any real indication as to when Portal is set. You never really see anything that can give the player a good idea as to what year it is. I could be wrong though.

CHECK THIS OUT!!! On Gameinformer.com.

There are new snippets of info trickling out about Valve's upcoming title, even with only weeks before launch.

Kotaku had a chance to chat with one of Portal 2's writers, Erik Wolpaw, who suggested that there would be a bridge chapter that will connect Portal and Portal 2, explaining some details about the vast stretch of time that has passed between the two games. Wolpaw did not reveal the nature of this prologue, or how soon gamers would be able to see it.

Wolpaw also confirmed some frequently discussed issues surrounding the timelines of the Half-Life and Portal games. "Portal is after Half-Life 1 and before Half-Life 2," Wolpaw said. "Without getting into it too much, Portal 2 is further down the line," he said.

You can read Kotaku's full post on the subject here.

Only 10 years, really? So it's quite a gap between the two game setting. Sigh. Well if Freeman and Chell would meet, Alyx should be there to break the ice. Man, I would love to see that scene

I'm not entirely sure there's any real indication as to when Portal is set. You never really see anything that can give the player a good idea as to what year it is. I could be wrong though.

There are new snippets of info trickling out about Valve's upcoming title, even with only weeks before launch.

Kotaku had a chance to chat with one of Portal 2's writers, Erik Wolpaw, who suggested that there would be a bridge chapter that will connect Portal and Portal 2, explaining some details about the vast stretch of time that has passed between the two games. Wolpaw did not reveal the nature of this prologue, or how soon gamers would be able to see it.

Wolpaw also confirmed some frequently discussed issues surrounding the timelines of the Half-Life and Portal games. "Portal is after Half-Life 1 and before Half-Life 2," Wolpaw said. "Without getting into it too much, Portal 2 is further down the line," he said.

I didn't know that. That's quite interesting.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

New info!! Here's the link that you're referrig to

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/03/11/new-portal-2-details-emerge.aspx

Actually, I remember reading something about portal taking place a.few days before the black mesa incident. I'm writing this on my phone so pls excuse me.if typos appear.