Valve's THIRD

Sign in to follow this  

Yeah, I forgot about that part. Half-Life 2, however is set 30+years after 1, I think? So maybe some kind of catching up will occur. I'm really interested whether Freeman and Chell would meet, or at least have a connection or anything

I believe Half-Life 2 is only set around ten years after the first game. I have no idea how Freeman meeting Chell might work (both seem to be silent protagonists ).

Actually Hl2 is 20 years after the first one because Alyx was 5 or 6 when she was saved by Gman. Then, Gordon was kept in stasis for 20 years by the Gman making Alyx and Gordon close to the same age. Gordon is 28 and Alyx is 25.

Well I believe Half-life 2: Raising the Bar mentions that it's ten years. And I'm pretty sure that we do not know what age Alyx was when she was rescued by the Gman.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I believe Half-Life 2 is only set around ten years after the first game. I have no idea how Freeman meeting Chell might work (both seem to be silent protagonists ).

Actually Hl2 is 20 years after the first one because Alyx was 5 or 6 when she was saved by Gman. Then, Gordon was kept in stasis for 20 years by the Gman making Alyx and Gordon close to the same age. Gordon is 28 and Alyx is 25.

Well I believe Half-life 2: Raising the Bar mentions that it's ten years. And I'm pretty sure that we do not know what age Alyx was when she was rescued by the Gman.

I doubt Alyx was 15 when at Black Mesa because in the Wiki it says "Alyx was only a child when Gordon Freeman was employed at Black Mesa,..."

Plus the only pictures of Alyx Gordon sees are when she is very young.

Did anyone see the portal 2 achievement that references the borealis?

I haven't looked at the leaked achievements in case of spoilers.

omg i didn't even know about this leak! Yeah, I won't spoil my Portal 2 gameplay by viewing some potentially spoiling articles

Btw just a hard guess, but I think Portal 2 may reference some themes that will hint the story or the setting of HL ep 3. I hope it does

Valve is essentially messing with our heads. No one knows if valve is joking or not about the obvious reference (big surprise).

omg i didn't even know about this leak! Yeah, I won't spoil my Portal 2 gameplay by viewing some potentially spoiling articles

Btw just a hard guess, but I think Portal 2 may reference some themes that will hint the story or the setting of HL ep 3. I hope it does

Well actually I probably shouldn't call it a leak, as I think they were properly released rather than leaked, but they may be subject to change. I only read about them in passing on some gaming news site before thinking 'no, I'm not going to spoil this' and closed the browser tab.

Well actually I probably shouldn't call it a leak, as I think they were properly released rather than leaked, but they may be subject to change. I only read about them in passing on some gaming news site before thinking 'no, I'm not going to spoil this' and closed the browser tab.

I admire your restraint and self-control. That is something I need to develop (I'll be having my exams tomorrow yet here I am in front of my PC )

And no, Valve is only just being secretive. It's for the sake of us gamers, and for the game itself, which I'm sure will be a big hit once released.

Nah, the biggest portal reference valve colud make in HL3 would be alyx using the portal gun to open some sort of passage that lets you escape from certain DOOM,also, if Barney still alive (i got really pissed because not a single word about him was given after HL2:E1),maybe he and Gordon could go into the chopper with Alyx. (For some reason valve doesnt like threesome action XD)

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I admire your restraint and self-control. That is something I need to develop (I'll be having my exams tomorrow yet here I am in front of my PC )

Procrastination is my arch-nemesis... *shakes fist at the air*

Nah, the biggest portal reference valve colud make in HL3 would be alyx using the portal gun to open some sort of passage that lets you escape from certain DOOM,also, if Barney still alive (i got really pissed because not a single word about him was given after HL2:E1),maybe he and Gordon could go into the chopper with Alyx. (For some reason valve doesnt like threesome action XD)

Well... since Half-Life 3 is the third game...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Technically speaking, isn't it the fourth game in the Half-Life franchise?

Technically speaking, isn't it the fourth game in the Half-Life franchise?

I consider the two episodes to be more expansions to Half-Life 2 than actual games by themselves. Kinda like mission packs, you know?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but this would be HORRIBLE because it would mean that we still would have to wait much longer until Episode 3 comes out. I mean, if they do make a Portal 3, when do you think it will be released? 2014? 2015?

If it came next year, wouldn't that be a little bit too soon after Portal 2, even though it wouldn't really be Portal 3?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Who knows if Gman approach in Portal 2. That would be ... intresting xP

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Who knows if Gman approach in Portal 2. That would be ... intresting xP

How weird and sort of stupid would be a conversation between GMan and GLados?

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

You didn't know? Someone hacked in to the Valve servers and found out that the final boss of Episode 3 is G-Man riding on GLaDOS' back. G-Man says "wake up and smell the asssses" and GLaDOS is like "I'll break your head like you broke my heart". Probably.

You didn't know? Someone hacked in to the Valve servers and found out that the final boss of Episode 3 is G-Man riding on GLaDOS' back. G-Man says "wake up and smell the asssses" and GLaDOS is like "I'll break your head like you broke my heart". Probably.

+rep for awesome post