Steam is down?

Sign in to follow this  

Alright, what I would recommend in that case is completely deleting Steam and all of its assets, and then re-downloading and installing it from steampowered.com . (Steam's extra assets will be stored in "[your home folder]/Library/Application Support/Steam").

This plan would be good (because when I installed Steam for the first time I had the same problem as well, but I did just like you wrote here) but the minor problem is... There's no such folder. I've serched almost all librarys, even under different names and stuff and there is no such element from which I'd be able to downloads update files.

That's quite strange. And you know... I think I'll need to reinstall it again.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

What I meant was that in order to COMPLETELY delete Steam, you will need to delete not only the application itself, but all of it's extra files that are stored in the Application Support folder.

Oh wait...are you running OS X Lion? (Version 10.7)? Because in that case you'll need to un-hide the Library folder.

What I meant was that in order to COMPLETELY delete Steam, you will need to delete not only the application itself, but all of it's extra files that are stored in the Application Support folder.

Oh wait...are you running OS X Lion? (Version 10.7)? Because in that case you'll need to un-hide the Library folder.

Oh. Right! :facepalm:

Steam is delated, tommorow gonna download it again. :

I formally request that the title of this thread be renamed to "Out of all the First World Problems, this is the,worst, possible one!

Just kidding. But it would be a good idea to let this thread die when Steam starts working, and then post in it again when it inevitably crashes.

It doesn't work. Now it doesn't even want to start update :/ It just says I must be connected, blah blah blah...

:jmk;lgndirvmglnjklgbzdkgdhfgblddkbfjk;nhmv, .mnhjj