Machinima Sucks

I'm sorry but it does, they always insist on low res videos for some unknown reason, also the fact that they spam the fuck out of youtube with useless spam videos. One day I went onto youtube and ALL of my sub section was Machinima so I unsubbed them. I really can't be the only one who feels like this.

I'm sorry but it does, they always insist on low res videos for some unknown reason, also the fact that they spam the fuck out of youtube with useless spam videos. One day I went onto youtube and ALL of my sub section was Machinima so I unsubbed them. I really can't be the only one who feels like this.

I usually just ignore them but yeah, it feels like they are totally oversaturating YouTube sometimes. I mostly subbed just so I could know when a new Freeman's Mind episode was out, I don't usually care for all the other crap.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Well, most do. It's just a few machinimas like Red Vs. Blue or Freeman's Mind that seperate it from game play with crappy voiceovers

One day I went onto youtube and ALL of my sub section was Machinima so I unsubbed them. I really can't be the only one who feels like this.

Exactly my reason why I unsubscribed. I figured it would be easier just being on this forum for FM; and I really don't watch other Machinima's so ..

Quite agree, myself. Since the only interest would be a specific Machinima series, I'll already be at their site and downloading the videos directly. If it's not entertaining enough for me to keep on Hard Drive, I usually don't bother too much.

I'm disappointed that there's more CoD4 machinima's than there are HL2.

That makes two of us.

Three, though it makes sense as it's a bit easier just to have people run around than program or make something in Gmod.

That makes two of us.

Three, though it makes sense as it's a bit easier just to have people run around than program or make something in Gmod.

Logically, yes. But it has shown time and time again that lazyness rarely creates anything worthwhile.

Yeah, and I kind of thought there'd be a bigger rise in more animated, source-based shows like Civil Protection, myself. I'd like to see less hurried, less branched out shows and more attention to the few interesting ones. I like being familiar and more connected with everything, so lesser quantity and higher quality is better for me, obviously. At the same time of course, I want people to emphasize their work on the depths, themes and ideas of their shows. Just good and funny writing, not so much the animation, engine or rendering.

While there is a lacking in shows as good as Civil Protection, it's still cool for me since it makes Civil Protection more sole, unique, original and awesome.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yeah, and I kind of thought there'd be a bigger rise in more animated, source-based shows like Civil Protection, myself.

I'd like to see less hurried, less branched out shows and more attention to the few interesting ones. I like knowing

much of everything, so lesser quantity and higher quality is better to me. At the same time, of course, I want people to

emphasize their work on the depths, themes and ideas of their shows. Just good and funny writing, not so much the animation,

engine or rendering.

While there is a lacking in shows as good as Civil Protection, it's still cool for me since it makes Civil Protection

more awesome.

I agree with you. Civil Protection wouldn't be as enjoyable if you didn't have tons of YouTube crap to compare it to.

Yeah, and I kind of thought there'd be a bigger rise in more animated, source-based shows like Civil Protection, myself.

I'd like to see less hurried, less branched out shows and more attention to the few interesting ones. I like knowing

much of everything, so lesser quantity and higher quality is better to me. At the same time, of course, I want people to

emphasize their work on the depths, themes and ideas of their shows. Just good and funny writing, not so much the animation,

engine or rendering.

While there is a lacking in shows as good as Civil Protection, it's still cool for me since it makes Civil Protection

more awesome.

I agree with you. Civil Protection wouldn't be as enjoyable if you didn't have tons of YouTube crap to compare it to.

Really? I found it enjoyable as its own entity without needing to make comparisons. I suppose it's all a matter of perception really...

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

What about the Black ops commentary like Hutch, who talks about for example, that he have this girl, but its not really his girlfriend, but he want her to be, and it makes him frustrated...

I mean... commentary is the worse thing about machinima, they rather spam 100 videos of those kind, than put something like Civil Protection in first priority to be uploaded.

How can people enjoy listening to a unknown guy problems, while he play, seriously. There is commentary, where they actually talk about the game, but most of them... good god...

Well, it's just that once you see how much crap other people are making you really see and appreciate how much work Ross is putting into his CP episodes.

machinima's best imo:

freeman's mind

civil protection

arby n' the chief

all your history

ten ftw

the rest are, like you said, crap. litters the subscription box everytime.

It's definitely changed since I first started sending videos to them. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking axing their own forums and all videos hosted on the site. Business is booming for them on Youtube, but now I don't know where new people creating their own machinima would submit content to. I guess I'm lucky enough to be a part of their network (I have at LEAST 4x more views through them than I would on my own), but I think it probably sucks for people just now starting to make machinima videos.

It's definitely changed since I first started sending videos to them. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking axing their own forums and all videos hosted on the site. Business is booming for them on Youtube, but now I don't know where new people creating their own machinima would submit content to. I guess I'm lucky enough to be a part of their network (I have at LEAST 4x more views through them than I would on my own), but I think it probably sucks for people just now starting to make machinima videos.

I agree. They are definitely shooting their foot in that case. Seems like bigot behaviour to me, in a sense.

I hate machinima for a few reasons. One of them is that they think, that putting up allot of shity video's is same as few good, and they are wrong, i rather see 3-5 good videos in my sub box that are from machinima, then 30-40 shity ones every day. Another thing is, I always wanted to create some video's and be able to publish them through machinima, but i could never find how to do that, there is no info att all. Third thing, DO THEY EVER CHECK VIDEOS THAT THEY ARE UPLOADING ??? holly shit, there are tons of videos that are not even machinima type, there are allso many videos that are not even interesting/funny/interactive, so why do they upload them ??? (sorry for my bad typing, i hope youll get what i wanted to say).

they always insist on low res videos for some unknown reason, also the fact that they spam the fuck out of youtube with useless spam videos.

Well, I think the second part of your sentence explained why exactly they insist on low res.

I`m not one to complain, though. Never made a machinima video in my life.

Also, their videos in the "Subscribtions" module don`t bother me, at all. I can find new stuff from people without any problem. I think there isn`t much to complain about, generally.

Machinima.com's got a few gems amidst all their videos I think. There aren't many series I can really get into, though that's more just personal preference.