Machinima Sucks

I'm disappointed that there's more CoD4 machinima's than there are HL2.

That game has way to many fucking machinima's (CoD4 and 6 and even black ops).

Never heard of it...

My extra 2 senses are indescribable in any human language, but I'll try to get as close of a description as possible.

Sense 6: I have a sort of Deja Vu that tells me what's going to happen in the next half second or so, usually I only notice it if it's something that is entirely unexpected... (like dodging 3 bullets in rapid succession, which I actually did when I lived in AZ, got me the respect of every gang in the neighborhood) It also kicks in when I'm sleeping sometimes, and I literally dream the future... Every detail, every sound, every feeling, everything. Never seem to be able to get anything from out of my own personal future, or from any perspective other than my own. (I usually dream in 3rd person perspective)

Sense 7: I feel when things are right or wrong, but not like a conscience... It's for stuff that I can't possibly know what happened or whether it was done correctly, but can tell whether it was done right or not... I'm not able to express what it's really like.

neither of which are true senses(though the second bit of the first part is interesting). Both of those are a result of your sub-conscience(Meh spelling) telling you what to do from information it has.

Never heard of it...

My extra 2 senses are indescribable in any human language, but I'll try to get as close of a description as possible.

Sense 6: I have a sort of Deja Vu that tells me what's going to happen in the next half second or so, usually I only notice it if it's something that is entirely unexpected... (like dodging 3 bullets in rapid succession, which I actually did when I lived in AZ, got me the respect of every gang in the neighborhood) It also kicks in when I'm sleeping sometimes, and I literally dream the future... Every detail, every sound, every feeling, everything. Never seem to be able to get anything from out of my own personal future, or from any perspective other than my own. (I usually dream in 3rd person perspective)

Sense 7: I feel when things are right or wrong, but not like a conscience... It's for stuff that I can't possibly know what happened or whether it was done correctly, but can tell whether it was done right or not... I'm not able to express what it's really like.

neither of which are true senses(though the second bit of the first part is interesting). Both of those are a result of your sub-conscience(Meh spelling) telling you what to do from information it has.

Not really, since there is no information it could possibly have in most circumstances. (eg, bullet dodging without seeing the gunman, yes I forgot to put that I couldn't see him)

It's spelled "subconscious".

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Never heard of it...

Not really, since there is no information it could possibly have in most circumstances. (eg, bullet dodging without seeing the gunman, yes I forgot to put that I couldn't see him)

It's spelled "subconscious".

(Yay Broken forums throwing away my post)

The subconscious is a buffer, as you go through your day you can the information coming to you filtered differently depending on what your doing. So to say you didn't have the information available is likely far from correct, its more likely you didn't deem the information relevant(think Sherlock Holmes style of stuff, looking at details other person dismiss as being irrelevant).

Remember when all that was on Machinima was like, WoW shit? Ahh, glory days.

EDIT:

Let's not forget the memorable Red Vs. Blue.

I don't know whether to trust you Bullseye...

Good. Should be that way for everyone on the net.

Should be wary of everyone on Eve.

Edit: Waaaait this isn't an Eve forum....

Wait a sec, I know your trolling because that's all you do on this forum.

I trust you Bullseye,

Trust you to TRROOOOLLLL

Wait a sec, I know your trolling because that's all you do on this forum.

I trust you Bullseye,

Trust you to TRROOOOLLLL

Actually, I haven't been trolling.

he is just a really unlikeable person.

I'm quite likable, you just aren't the kind of person that likes me.

You are a very specific taste judging by your rep and the fact you've been the subject of at least two insult trips from other members so far, counting this one. Be nice people, and on topic, if you have a bone to pick with a member try to settle it in private, and if it gets nasty request the assistance of a moderator.

Now let's go back to discussing the truth of how much Machinima sucks. I'm certain this thread will be blooming with activity once Ross submits FM #32.

Machinima relies on being able to provide entertainment at a consistent quality within the restraints of the medium game engine. Oftentimes this can be quite limted, such as with Source Engine itself compared to dedicated modeling and animation programs such as Maya or Softimage. However both of those latter programs are so intensely complicated and demanding that people can and do get jobs using them. Additionally, any content made with them of sufficient quality to be entertaining to the general internet-goer takes so much time and sometimes so much money that it's far more worth it to simply make it a line of work instead of an analogue to a past-time web-comic.

Machinima is the layman's Animation software for making short films when they don't have the resources or make it in live-action or actual animation. The most incredible thing about machinimas is when they turn out good or awesome, is the fact that one out-wits or avoids the limitations of game engines (or distracts away from them). However this all technical stuff aside, it's still interpretable as art if it can elicit and emotional response from its audience.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Machimina is super irritating. Advertisements at the end of videos for World Of Warcraft Live Streams pretty much speaks for itself

Oh my god, whoever made this thread. You are forever in my heart.

I hate Machinima with an absolute passion. All of Machinima is just stupid 30 year olds getting paid to jump around acting like monkeys about crappy video games like Modern Warfare 2. People like Adam Kovic and Khail Anonymous are the reason no one will ever take gaming as more than just a hobby for idiots who just want to cause havoc and kill things with an absolute abhorrence of story.

They aren't funny, they never will be. Half the sh*t on Machinima is just self-indulgent crap that is only funny to stupid 12 year olds (i.e you.) And they spend most of their time stroking Infinity Ward's massive and undeserved ego. I'm amazed someone like Ross Scott got picked up by them because he's actually FUNNY and CLEVER, something that the writers at Machinima (I.e Adam Kovic and all his butt buddies)

The worst part is that most of their catalog is "EP1c M0d3rn W0rfore 2 SNIPE KILL" and the likes. Sanity Not Included (A fairly average show on there) pointed this out in their first episode.

Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection are really the only reason I have to go near there.

(sorry if this post seems to harsh, I just get really mad about this subject.)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

sorry if this post seems to harsh, I just get really mad about this subject.

It also sounds incomplete, since I saw at least one sentence that was missing half of itself.

Oh, and BTW, "have" =\= "half".

is only funny to stupid 12 year olds (i.e you.)

God, i hate people that judge other peoples character(or intelligence) by their age so much.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

God, i hate people that judge other peoples character(or intelligence) by their age so much.

It's called stereotyping, if I'm correct.

Anyways he's noy saying that ALL 12 year olders are supid but pointing out that only stupid 12 year old kids like bad CoD machinimas (which is mostly true)