Windows ME to windows 7

Sign in to follow this  

98SE is far better than ME. Going from ME to XP is probly the best thing to do though. (they both have the same system requirements, but XP has better capabilities)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

There's a reason why the ME is now known as "Mistake Edition."

Yeah, if the hardware is dated, XP is still a good choice, I just had issue with saying was "as secure" as 7. Hell, even though I was late getting 7 and skipped Vista entirely, I was an early adopter of XP, moving from 98SE. The whole 9x line-up was simply unstable. You WERE going to blue screen in Win9x, it was just a matter of when. Whereas if you have good drivers for 2K/XP onward, you can keep a system up indefinitely.

Microsoft's solution for a problem with vista is to upgrade to 7. They don't even support vista anymore.

Microsoft's solution for a problem with vista is to upgrade to 7. They don't even support vista anymore.

With good reason... Me being a non-hacker could get through Vista's security like it wasn't even there. Then there were the issues with the unfixable memory leaks... Too bad they didn't listen to the designers that told them not to release that year.

It's not about 'working' really, it's about whether you want some hacker to get into your system by sneezing at his keyboard, and then deciding to destroy your hardware with just a few commands, or not. (that's the difference between Vista and 7, security and stability)