Software Piracy: The Morality

Which is worse morally, software piracy or physical theft?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse morally, software piracy or physical theft?

• Piracy
    • Theft
    • They are both equal

Sign in to follow this  

Inactive thread or not I am going to get my point out there.

Piracy of Software is not theft, you obtain digital media that is worth nothing as long as you do not have the intention of reselling the Software or files for financial gain. Theft of physical property with the intent to resale is morally wrong and that is the crime that should be punished fully.

Personally If I was a big mainstream band and got tons of fans just by them getting my music for free that would be ok. I have already done made enough money to set me for life who cares? Aside from the record company that has me signed that means rubbish. One fan gained is all that I ask for.

Just my 2 cents.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Inactive thread or not I am going to get my point out there.

Piracy of Software is not theft, you obtain digital media that is worth nothing as long as you do not have the intention of reselling the Software or files for financial gain. Theft of physical property with the intent to resale is morally wrong and that is the crime that should be punished fully.

Personally If I was a big mainstream band and got tons of fans just by them getting my music for free that would be ok. I have already done made enough money to set me for life who cares? Aside from the record company that has me signed that means rubbish. One fan gained is all that I ask for.

Just my 2 cents.

So your morality is subjective based upon how well-off the victim is and nothing else.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

My morality on the subject is that someone downloading files without buying it stands I see no point in the Government trying to police the internet over file sharing. Even if you stop a torrent site there is another to take its place with the same files.

Beside if you was the imprison everyone for downloading files for free the jails would be full.

The internet is infinite so the files will still be out there.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

I doubt that the piracy issue will ever leave so i just deal with it and buy my stuff anyways. Support the author of whatever you get and pay the 60$. heck if there was software i could only obtain by pirating it, i would do so and send the developer a check in the mail. not all people can put there products out there for everyone to freely enjoy like Ross does.

What your not crazy too?

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.