CIVIL PROTECTION: DOUBLE FEATURE!

Sign in to follow this  

Double Feature!

Download 640x480 MKV (11MB)

Hey everyone, I have not one, but TWO new Civil Protection episodes! For those just tuning in, the last Civil Protection episode left me so frustrated with the Source engine that I said I wasn't going to make another episode on it. Well I meant it! I looked at the Unreal 3 Engine, Crytech 3 engine, Unigine, iClone, but finally decided on the Smackdown Engine by Funkdoobiest Software. All future videos here will be made using it.

The Smackdown engine has been nothing short of incredible, as I'm sure you'll see in the videos. I've been able to do work on it that may not have even been possible on the Source engine due to how it handles lighting and object manipulation. With this engine, episodes have been produced in days that would have taken me months in the past. Because of my switch to it, I'm so far ahead of schedule on my movie project that I had time to make some shorter CP episodes. Enjoy!

All I can say is this: Awesome. I look forward to more videos with this awesome new engine. The graphics were incredible!

I like how you got funnymahem to animate this video... classic :lol:

How long have you been planning this? It looks like some effort went into this little April Fool's joke.

Now that was an epic April Fools! And I second 'lift' being the best episode yet!

Makes me wish I could lift up my laboratory and fling it into oblivion!

Hahaha nice. I loved the second episode. And I'm glad to hear that you're super rich now, so rich you can afford a shiny ** == DONATIONS OMG == ** sign to put on the website.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Fun... Now how many of the existing episodes are you gonna remake in this new engine so we can see all these new awesome effects used in those old videos?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh man, I thought Civil Protection couldn't have gotten better than The Tunnel; I was wrong.

The stories of both shorts are brilliant; I never thought I see such an inner conflict of humanity and such deep characters written by a machinima writer. Dave's inner struggle with himself makes him the most complex and interesting character I've seen in my entire life--characters written by Alexander Dumas and James Joyce seem like poorly written fan fiction characters compared to Dave. Also, the character Mike is really growing up; you can really see him torn between selling his soul to be with his best friend, who's descending into madness, and staying true to himself at the expense of being alone. Bravo, Ross--bravo.

Animation: I also never thought you could find an animation style more lucid and amazing than Source; and to think that Source is harder to use! The animation style also allows itself to do things that you'd never be able to do with Source. For both shorts, I actually forgot that I was watching an indie film, and I actually thought this was happening in real life.

Amazing Ross--simply sublime.

The ending of the second episode has surprised me a lot! ;) ha!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^