CIVIL PROTECTION: DOUBLE FEATURE!

Sign in to follow this  

This is great, we are going to get way more civil protection episodes now! :D

Keep up the good work Ross.

It's not a total babbling, if you know Polish, it's pretty logical what I screamed ;)

And...what would that be? :D

It's more or less: What's going on! Put me down you moron!Oh my God! Put us down! ..and so on....

Been a while, HLP

Wow, actually, I'm surprised someone noticed that :shock:

I was having some issues, but I'm back on the forum.

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Anyway i enjoyed that!

Nice work to all of you! Yeaaaaahhhhhh!

"Smackdown engine" is a new engine for Left 4 Dead 3.

But i dont wish to spoil so much..

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

It's more or less: What's going on! Put me down you moron!Oh my God! Put us down! ..and so on....

Wow if only people knew what you really said? ;)

It's not a total babbling, if you know Polish, it's pretty logical what I screamed ;)

Słyszeć ojczysty język w filmie Rossa, bezcenne! serio xD

Haha, that episode made my day. Funnymahem got great talent and fits Scott's humor perfectly!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Great.

Thank you, Ross. :mrgreen:

EDIT:

Don't play with my hearth. :(

Wow if only people knew what you really said? ;)

Okay..... you've won! It was something like : Marry me, Ross! :D

Słyszeć ojczysty język w filmie Rossa, bezcenne! serio xD

My pleasure, Discord ;) Z całą przyjemnością zrobiłam to nagranie. Nawet było "kur*a", ale jak widać, nie znalazło się w ostatecznej wersji, chociaż Ross się zgodził na typowo polskie przekleństwo :D

There was also "kur*a" a typical Polish curse, but it didn't appear in the final version, even though Ross agreed for it to record :D That's a pity! It would add so much more taste to the situation! :P

Oh wait! I think I heard it very weak at the very end of my role.... ]:->

Damn it... I wish I could speak Polish... I really like the way your language sounds. But I'm also fairly lazy and to learn the language would probably take a lot of effort, considering it's pretty different from English, German or French. Still, I may yet try to learn it. I already know three or four words! Admittedly, I only know how to spell two of them, and I'm not 100% sure as to what they mean exactly, but it's a start... right?

Damn it... I wish I could speak Polish... I really like the way your language sounds. But I'm also fairly lazy and to learn the language would probably take a lot of effort, considering it's pretty different from English, German or French. Still, I may yet try to learn it. I already know three or four words! Admittedly, I only know how to spell two of them, and I'm not 100% sure as to what they mean exactly, but it's a start... right?

Thank you ;) I'm always surprised of someone liking how my language sounds :D

Ahahah! yeah, you're a mastah! But the real Polish knowledge, or actually the basic one is when you are able to read most of any pizzeria menu without any help ;)

Well, Polish is really easy to read once you learn all the letters (not like in English when you can write the same word in 12 ways), and grammar is well... we have usually 7 forms of every noun, including your name. And about 17 forms of "two" but if you learn the basic one, you should be fine! ^^

BTW, which words you know? Probably curses :P

7 forms of nouns!? God damn, that beats Icelandic's 4 forms by a landslide.

hMM.. We are going offtop but it seems the newest post is more important anyways! Well, yeah as far as I remeber, Polish is one of the most difficult languages.

and if you use just the basic form of a noun, it sounds just silly, or like a foreigner striving to speak Polish :D Well, what can I say. It's an honour to do voice acting for Ross. :) Especially in my own language :D

(...)

Well, Polish is really easy to read once you learn all the letters (not like in English when you can write the same word in 12 ways), and grammar is well... we have usually 7 forms of every noun, including your name. And about 17 forms of "two" but if you learn the basic one, you should be fine! ^^

BTW, which words you know? Probably curses :P

I'm not cursing yet, oddly enough. What I know I've got from a Polish video game that has awful English VA (The Witcher 1), so I just decided to play it in Polish with English subtitles. Because of the subtitles, however, I have to go on hearing and I don't know how words are spelled. I can only very rarely make out what is being said and which English word corresponds. I've gotten no further than 'vitaj' and 'tak' yet, though I think 'thank you' is pronounced somewhat like 'dzjinki' (that would be the Dutch way of pronouncing it) and 'bye' seems to be something close to 'buvaj'.

I figure the next thing I should learn is 'I don't understand' or 'I don't speak Polish'. That's generally the first thing I try to learn in a foreign language : D. My video game character doesn't say that, however...

(If we're going to turn this in a complete internet course on Polish we should maybe start a new thread to avoid even more off-topicness/off-topicity/whatever the correct English term would be : )

Yeah, how about make a "Foreign Languages Thread" in Free-For-All.

OK, I made one, hope it's not double now! Check out Free-For-All! :)

HLPrinces, lol ale to by znaczyło jedno... CP sa w Polsce xD albo ze w city 17 mieszka horda polakow, haha!

Yeah, how about make a "Foreign Languages Thread" in Free-For-All.

Good idea!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

HLPrinces, lol ale to by znaczyło jedno... CP sa w Polsce xD albo ze w city 17 mieszka horda polakow, haha!

Now you are just trolling me... >: ( Especially considering I'm used to look down on Google translate. I really should learn Polish. (Last off-topic post in this topic I PROMISE : P

There was also "kur*a" a typical Polish curse, but it didn't appear in the final version, even though Ross agreed for it to record :D That's a pity! It would add so much more taste to the situation! :P

Actually it's in there twice :) The reason why it's so low is because we needed to bury the microphone clipping distortion. But everything is there just as you recorded it.

There was no time for a re-take.

Actually it's in there twice :) The reason why it's so low is because we needed to bury the microphone clipping distortion. But everything is there just as you recorded it.

There was no time for a re-take.

Oh good. I have to listen more carefully. I'd be happy with more obvious swearing but it's good everybody can hear it's Polish ;)

Yeah, I know there was no time for a re-take.... I was recorded in the last moments I guess.... And it worked :D