EPISODE 3: SHADOW OF A DOUBT

Sign in to follow this  

Here's the third episode that I originally intended to have done before the 2nd, but here it is anyway. I meant for this one to have slick motion blur, but I would have taken my computer an eternity to do it right, so I just shot it and released it as it is. WARNING: This episode is not suitable for all audiences, it contains singing. It's over with pretty quickly though, and I promise that this will be the first and last time Mike sings. As for Dave, well, I'll keep it to a bare minimum in the future. Unfortunately it's going to be a while before Episode 4 because I have something big planned for that, so imagine I'm dead or something so you won't expect it too soon. Enjoy!

Hey!

I love your episodes!! If you EVER need any help making them, making logos, getting the public aware... let me know! I also do site building, if you want something better than blogger.

Jared

Ross, I wanted to tell you that these movies are great!!! I'm loving them!

Keep up the great work, I know they're not easy to produce but we're loving them!!

"Well, look who suddenly has a shadow,"
Nice, this series is getting better ever episode.

Well I want to say a few things so far and that is good job with the series. I admit I am very impressed with the quality of your work so far, also its uniquness as well. Plus this machinma is equal if not better then Red vs. Blue.

Other then that keep up the good work and cant wait to see your next episode.

Hilarious! Didn't find the singing bad, at least it was for the majority in tune.

Absolutely brilliant episode! Well done!

I love this series that you are making here. Keep up the good work.

It reminds me of a Half Life webcomic called Concerned. If you haven't heard of Concerned you should check it out at www.HLcomic.com, hilariously mirror the Half-Life 2 game.

Looking farward to 4. Exelent job so far. Thanks.

:-}

Well thanks again to everybody for the positive comments, I'm glad some people are liking this. Here are some more specific replies:

Jared: It won't let me read your profile, but my contact information is on the main page under my profile.

Saman: Thanks, and doublethanks for defeating Godzilla.

hlfan: I actually found out about Concerned after I finished Episode 1 and at first was scared my script ideas would overlap his, accidentely making me look like a copycat. Thankfully that didn't happen. While I'll never approach the rate that a comic strip is produced at, unlike Concerned, CP has no predetermined end, nor will it necessarily go constantly forward in time.

Episode3 was brilliant (as usual), and I can’t wait to see episode4.

Keep them coming!

how long do you think youll keep the series going

with 2 characters you cant get very far

but up to now great work

This is great, can't wait for the next episode. But it would be even cooler if there was some link between episode. A kind of story that has a to be continued after each episode so we can stay hooked at it. Also it would be nice if you could post something to indicate aproximatly when the next episode will be released. (Actually i'm checking the site daily to be sure to get the next ep. when its done )

Anyway keep up the great work. I was really impressed by those animations.

some dude: how long do you think youll keep the series going

All depends on how much help I can get with the animation. It gets draining doing it all myself. As for ideas, indefinitely, I already have about dozen script ideas in my head.

with 2 characters you cant get very far

Dude I've barely tapped into all the stuff I can do. If you really believe that you might want to check out Sam & Max, Sifl & Olly, or Aeon Flux (the show, not the movie). They seem to do pretty well with just 2 main characters and don't suffer in the idea department.

Surcouf: I plan to avoid interconnecting plots for a couple reasons. It gives me less freedom to do what I want in each episode or jump around in time. For instance, at the end of 2, I'd have to wait for Mike's bones to knit, and that wouldn't be any fun. Also, I want people who stumble into CP to be able to enjoy the episode without having to watch every episode up to that point to understand what is going on. If I want a long coherent story, I'll do a full length movie, and I definitely don't have enough resources for that right now. Also, don't disappoint yourself checking the site daily for updates. This stuff is hard and takes a long time to make. Just email me and I'll send out a mass email when new ones are made.

lol great video.

Since episode 4 is going to take a while can you give us some small updates every now and then about your progress.

I am going to link you, give you a complete promo style ad and tell people to visit your site... now if they listen to me, that would be nice.

I found you on shoutfile... I have to say dude you rock. I have not watched the 2nd or 3rd episode, but I am going to when I take my lunch.

tip my hat to you. keep making kick ass videos.

They were great, Thanks a Lot. I cannot wait for the next one to come out. Well done.

i love your episodes, Just ssaw them and now i'm spreading it through all my friends.

I love Simba, any chance we'll be seeing him again? would be nice to see him

I found this on YouTube and instantly these series became one of my most favourite ones Really can't wait for the next episode Is there way to get notified about changes on this blog?