EPISODE 3: SHADOW OF A DOUBT

Sign in to follow this  

another anonymous dude: Sure, here's my status right now: The script to Episode 4 is written and I'm working on creating a custom map for it. I'm also simultaneously developing Episode 5 for a PlanetHL contest, but that's nowhere near as hard to do as 4.

demon23: Well, hope you like the 2nd and 3rd episodes! If you don't as much, don't worry, Ep. 4 is going to rock.

anonymous dude #2: Simba won't be in any episodes in the near future, but I haven't ruled out the possibility of him reappearing.

drc: I'd say the best bet is to email me. I've been sending out mass emails notifying people when the next episode is out to everyone's who contacted me before. That's a good idea too, becuase these are so time consuming that I simply can't produce them at a fast enough rate to be checked regularly.

Great Show man,the show already spread out fast on various internet sites

Your episodes are awesome. They're kinda like the Red vs. Blue of Half Life. Great work so far. Keep them coming, Ross.

hey ross, is there some kind of subscription list that we can sign up to be notified when your next episode is out?

Ross, your episodes kick ass! I have been keeping an eye out for more episodes since your first came out. They make me sort of like the civil protection after playing HL2.

I was wondering though, will you be introducing any more permanant characters to your series? Also, do you have any comical action scenes planned in your future scripts?

Alright, first off you anonymous people need to get names, I mean you can make anything up, it's not that big a deal. And thanks again for everyone's compliments, it's incentive to keep going.

Jonathan: yeah, just email me and I'll send you an email once I finish the next episode

Yet another anonymous dude: I don't have any plans for any permanent main characters like Mike and Dave, but who knows, this stuff isn't set in stone. The only character I plan on having reappear (eventually) is the Vortigaunt from 2, but it will be a while before that happens.

And as for action, Episode 4 man. You'll not only get comical action, but also the insane-o crazy kind action too. The difference between 1-3 and 4 is going to be HUGE. It'll take a while though, but I can say with confidence that this one will be worth the wait.

Fantastic series, I laugh my ass off on every episode. I only have one negative thing to say. You guys gotta try not to break the 180 degree rule when two characters are having a conversation. It's confusing to an audience for a moment when the characters suddenly flips sides and jolts them out of the story for a moment while they re-orient.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, check out the 180 degree rule on wikipedia. It's been around since the early days of the film industry and will make your own productions look far more professional.

Hey Ross and Craig, i love your episodes! I have a little question...
These maps from episode 2 and 3, which maps are these and can i please (please, please!) download them because i like them so much!
I always seek on the internet for city maps.
Can i please have them. I would be very grateful!

Bye, Noa (I am a boy, not a girl!)

I nearly pissed myself watching this. Great job. Keep 'em coming.

Funniest thing Ive seen all day.

Haha. Hoo-hoo! Oh man, priceless. It's the kind of thing that can turn a bad day into a great one.

Keep it up!

Stormtrooper: Well don't worry, Craig at least won't break the 180 rule, unless it's somehow possible with voice acting. As for me, I am familiar with it, but got kind of lazy about it and just tested the shots to see if I thought it turned confusing. Also for a few shots it was NECESSARY to break it in order to cover up continuity issues or engine limitations. But yeah, I should probably pay more attention to that in the future. It will be easier too since they'll be moving around a lot in Ep. 4 and not just standing by the side of the road like they have been for the previous 3.

Mike: I think you're unduly biased because of your name.

Noa: I'm not delusional. I assume everyone contacting me is male until proven otherwise, don't worry. And yeah these are just hacked up version of Valve's maps, but I don't mind sharing them. There's not much to them beyond what you can see, but it's not big deal, just email me. You should really like Ep. 4's though, I'm doing a bunch of custom map work for that one.

Herro.

If you'd bear with me fo ra sec I'd like to drop ya a bit of constructive criticism. . . The biggest suggestion I could give you would be, well, to add more human effects to the characters. When you're talkign to somebody you don't just, you know, stand there in an almost zombie-like fashion. There's usually some head movement or hand motions going on. . . I'd suggest watching some Robot Chicken episodes - it's anmazing how the puppets look and act almost human in their motions. . .
But yeah, this series is getting better with every episode. The humour is almost identical the type me and my friends share. . . And, well, if you could just listen to my suggestion I just dropped ya then this series would be fucking perfect - for me at least. Keep up the great work; Looking forward to the next episode!

I really like your movies,Ross. they're so funny. But that guy with no shawdow kinda creeps me out(lol).

I'm severely limited by what animations I have available because of the engine, otherwise there would be much more animation. There actually is quite a bit between hand gestures, head and torso movements, etc. If I just kept repeating the same animations over and over in the same episode it would look even more unnatural. Ep. 4 will have much more movement however.

That and having done security work myself, you really DON'T do much besides just stand there.

great !!!
i want see evrey week an episode )

grretz from sandra, germany

This has been my introduction into Machinima and I was so impressed with what you have been able to accomplish I have been looking to trying to create something like this on my own. Excellent work keep it up.

All your work vidoes have been superbly made and very funny to boot. Keep it up mate

nice job guys! i hope you become the next Concerned or RvB.

if you need any voice acting, me and a friend of mine would be glad to help. you can contact us through steam or aim:

Steam: swansong1979
aim: nugget la pesado

Awesome! Just watched all 3 episodes. I really like what you guys are doing with this! Probably the best HL2 Machinima I've seen yet!

Keep up the great work!