Foreign Languages Thread :D

I like Latin but the only thing I can say is: Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum (est).

Same xD

also:

ego non idea, cogito ergo sum, deus ex and stuff like that.

I only remember that one from the lobby at black mesa.

Also known as "Username"

I know a bit of Latin, I can usually understand parts of it because of their large contribution to the English language. I also know a bit of Spanish.

I have a hard enough time speaking my own language much less learn more. :lol:
Well, you should try. And considering the demographic dynamic in the U.S., si yo por ejemplo digo algo en español, debieras tratar de entenderlo.

L' italiano non è mica troppo importante impararlo in realtà. Ti serve soltanto in Italia :D

All I see when I look at a foreign language is something like this:

"Ubby dubby entransica bimble bumb skreeda longerbowl fizz, kalifa utilitymuffin. Wub wub skrillex popcornballs frumple doolan miggy bong."

Something like this?

ss2hULhXf04

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

All I see when I look at a foreign language is something like this:

"Ubby dubby entransica bimble bumb skreeda longerbowl fizz, kalifa utilitymuffin. Wub wub skrillex popcornballs frumple doolan miggy bong."

Hey, how do YOU know my secret language?

And btw, you just said my pussy looks like a beaver...

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Well you don't have one so he can't really be right, but aaaaanyway...

From the thread Civil Protection: Double Feature:

hMM.. We are going offtop but it seems the newest post is more important anyways! Well, yeah as far as I remeber, Polish is one of the most difficult languages.

and if you use just the basic form of a noun, it sounds just silly, or like a foreigner striving to speak Polish :D Well, what can I say. It's an honour to do voice acting for Ross. :) Especially in my own language :D

When foreign people speak decent but "skewed" Icelandic (incorrect use of noun forms, noun genders, verb forms, etc.) it doesn't really sound so silly to me, I just think it is cool that someone actually succeeded in learning it well enough to keep a solid conversation going. At least in Icelandic your use of these elements of the language doesn't really matter, native speakers will understand your sentences just as much if the nouns have incorrect forms in their respective contexts.

On a side note I hate the way my voice sounds recorded, whether it is my native language or not, it sounds so much better when the sound waves originate from within my body. :P

I can only speak one languag but can comunucat in two, how you may ask? It's because I know ASL (American Sign Languag). I learned it after I founed out that my little brothers were deaf

non-euclidean fuck machine

It's freakin snow everywhere in my city now! :/ But it's 4th of April! And we still have one word for snow ŚNIEG!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

By the way, even if I'm hungarian and my mother language is hungarian I still don't understand a single word from the end of the episode called Tunnel where Dave is speaking something. I read somewhere that it's in hungarian but all I could here is gibberish sounds. I don't know maybe the accent or the tone is not good.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

It's freakin snow everywhere in my city now! :/ But it's 4th of April! And we still have one word for snow ŚNIEG!

Schnee?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Yay for the new foreign languages thread! Now we will soon be able to converse in any language known to the western world!

I'm Dutch myself, and the fun thing about Holland is that it's probably more useful to speak English than Dutch. Other than that, I'm also learning French (recently took a test at B1 level, if anyone is familiar with that) and German. Also, since my highschool is a 'gymnasion' I have also followed Latin for three years and am still learning ancient Greek, though for both languages we only learn to translate ancient texts using a dictionary, not to actually speak them.

Now the Dutch language has some similarities to German, especially the vocabulary. For German there are a lot of rules to learn the grammar (different forms of nouns etc.). Dutch, however, is absolutely terrible, it's all in the syntax. And I don't believe there's any logic behind it... fortunately you can just learn English instead and be done with it.

Oh, and we are also the only country in the world where 'ij' is a ... diphthong? Bloody online dictionaries. It's pronounced as one sound, anyway.

Man kann viel besser Deutsch lernen, weil die Niederländer fast alle Englisch sprechen. Und dazu finde ich Deutsch eine schönere Sprache.

wait, so the Dutch and Deutsch isn't the same thing, right? silly me :/

Dutch is English for the language spoken in Netherlands.

Deutsch is German for the language spoken in Germany and probably a few other countries.

You can also call people from The Netherlands Dutch.

Also LOL is just a straight up normal word in Dutch, which is a win in my book.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Almost? You did in fact read it as Loliland, hence your very mention of that word.

Embrace the awkward crickets.

There's an island in Denmark called Lolland.

LOL

and what does it mean? xD