Foreign Languages Thread :D

Hm...well if there's anyone who knows German and is feeling fairly friendly and helpful it would be nice to have someone to try and talk simple German to (and patient enough with my mistakes :P ). I can say simple things like asking how people are, saying how I am, asking and talking about the weather, talking about the time, that's about it for now. >-

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Hm...well if there's anyone who knows German and is feeling fairly friendly and helpful it would be nice to have someone to try and talk simple German to (and patient enough with my mistakes :P ). I can say simple things like asking how people are, saying how I am, asking and talking about the weather, talking about the time, that's about it for now. >-<

same...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I would be happy to help, but I think Kirkreng is a half German and one and a half person in total so he'd be better suited to the task... if he volunteers. If not, I would be happy to practise my German myself but it's not that great. I should be able to hold my own as long as it stays simple, though.

If anyone knows a good way or place to start with Polish, I would appreciate that too. I really have to start at the beginning, though. Any simple booklets/mini-dictionaries or anything of the sort for foreigners? I'll probably search through some online bookshops...

I would be happy to help, but I think Kirkreng is a half German and one and a half person in total so he'd be better suited to the task... if he volunteers. If not, I would be happy to practise my German myself but it's not that great. I should be able to hold my own as long as it stays simple, though.

If anyone knows a good way or place to start with Polish, I would appreciate that too. I really have to start at the beginning, though. Any simple booklets/mini-dictionaries or anything of the sort for foreigners? I'll probably search through some online bookshops...

Scroll down and see the Polish language

I would love to help but I havn't learned all the linguistics terms in English so that could become a problem.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Scroll down and see the Polish language

Thanks! It was an interesting read (if somewhat subjective, as national history tends to be), and I have to admit complete ignorance of the Polish history. I'm no longer sure I want to learn Polish, though : P... how on earth can you pronounce (copy/paste) Chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie w Szczebrzeszynie i Szczebrzeszyn z tego słynie? When I tried learning some basic phrases in Italian when I went there on vacation I thought those were hard to pronounce...

Anyone who needs help in German, I would love to help. I will be majoring in German starting this fall.

Anyone who needs help in German, I would love to help. I will be majoring in German starting this fall.

Me! Me! Pick me!

Awesome! :D

I guess my next question is how should I proceed? :3

Ich brauche sprechen Deutsch nach mehr, und lernen wie ist die Sätze gebaut.

(God dammit, sorry but I probably mess up everything... well... I need to learn how to make sentences, where can I put verbs "nicht" stuff and other words, and speak more)

Heh, your German is definitely a lot better than mine, Discord. :3

Well, since you're such a fan of German you should check out the movie "(T)Raumschiff Surprise" it's a really funny sort of parody of Star Trek.

Here are a couple of minutes from it, featuring one the most bad ass taxi entries ever:

EZlwW_OJVbo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, since you're such a fan of German you should check out the movie "(T)Raumschiff Surprise" it's a really funny sort of parody of Star Trek.

Here are a couple of minutes from it, featuring one the most bad ass taxi entries ever:

EZlwW_OJVbo

I'm not a very big fan of German movies, sorry.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Cue embarrassment after mispronouncing Deutcshland as "Doucheland"

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

I think we require more information about the aforementioned situation to truly get the maximum amount of pleasure out of your pain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯